Note from Rob Geiger (1 Viewer)

Rob...

They've said it all, not much to add...

'cept, Thanks for the autograph at Richmond, I enjoyed talking to you and Phil B.

d'kid

I always looked forward to a new Geiger Counter, so I'm gonna miss that. But the best of luck to you in whatever is coming next!!

The counter is where I go when I want to look for a cool angle or something interseting. When I checked it tonight, I had a feeling you were gone. I wish you the best of luck and thank you for teaching us the softer side of Whit, sharing your personal trials and tribulations and being so open about Darrell. You are a good man Scoop. If I had to predict, I would say you are going to lead PR at... DPM or DSR... Just a hunch!

Either way, hopefully you are not a stranger!

Rob,

Thanks for bringing professional journalism to our sport. Your work was responsible for raising the bar in reporting the News and happpenings in NHRA drag racing. There's a large 'hole' with your exit that I hope NHRA recognizes.

I love the business of journalism and wish you the very best. You and I share the same two passions.

Take care,

Awwww.....Rob. You will be missed! Hopefully, we'll still see you around! Don't forget.....we are neighbors. Good luck to you and stay in touch. :)

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling the love and it's very cool. I always tried to keep my journalist's hat on in everything I did for NHRA.com, even though I wore rose-colored glasses there. I'm glad you guys liked what I did. I had a blast.

I'll let everyone know what's next as soon as I do! Mulling a few offers now and exploring some other things. We shall see. You all will be the first to know.

In the interim, I'm stringing for AutoWeek in Phoenix so make sure you stop by the newstands and pick up a copy. It's a great publication.

Rob

Come on now Rob.... you can tell us if you're gonna be footin' a Nostalgia flopper or FED. We won't tell! :D

Seriously, I want to wish you the best of everything. Your column was one of the few reasons I ever went out to NHRA.com

Good Luck and don't be a stranger! ;)

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling the love and it's very cool. I always tried to keep my journalist's hat on in everything I did for NHRA.com, even though I wore rose-colored glasses there. I'm glad you guys liked what I did. I had a blast.

I'll let everyone know what's next as soon as I do! Mulling a few offers now and exploring some other things. We shall see. You all will be the first to know.

In the interim, I'm stringing for AutoWeek in Phoenix so make sure you stop by the newstands and pick up a copy. It's a great publication.

Rob

Rob,

I enjoyed meeting you last month up in Lake Placid. I was up there with Phil, hope you're going to be there next year...Keep up the great work...

You know how reading between the lines can be very dangerous but it's happening to me again with Rob. I'm suspecting friction that caused a departure and I'm imagining the options being considered to say Rob is simply looking for a job after irreconcilable differences at the NHRA. Rob, correct me where I'm wrong when you land on your feet and can share with us the circumstances you feel appropriate to share.

Good luck in whatever you chose to do next. The counter and the blogs are the only reasons I went to nhra's site.

Rose colored glasses may not be all bad, although I would love to know what you really think on a few topics........:)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back