Rising Nascar Star Visits Cagnazzi?? (1 Viewer)

Tim5636sc

Nitro Member
From .....nhra.com

NHRA News: Rising NASCAR star Logano visits Victor Cagnazzi Racing shop (1/10/2008)

I got $5.00 that says dude pulls a Jay Leno and Doesn't get the car past 60'! Just cause you can turn left, doesn't qualify you to make a shake down pass in a 1500 HP Pro Stock car! Just my humble opinion here but....

"DUDE SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO MAKE A TEST RUN IN A PRO STOCK CAR!!! Maybe Jeggy can let him make a launch in his brothers Super Gas car 1st..??? But don't even think about that 1500 hp monster!

Hey it's cross promotion.

It's all good. I'm still waiting for Dougzilla (or somebody) to fire-up and do a real noisy/smoky burnout before one of the NASCAR events.
Maybe at one of Bruton's tracks?

A Couple of Year's ago Jeff Gordon's crew was a guest of Tommy Johnson Jr. at the Gator Natls. They enjoyed it so much they went to another race, not sure which. At the '06 Gators race I met some Hottie that worked for the Harley display that had never been to a Bigtime Drag race. She told me she was talking to some friend of hers back in Milwaukee on her cellphone while the Fuel cars were running. She said her friend was Saying "What's that Noise?" She said that's the Cars!!!! Her friend goes What?????:eek:

Hey it's cross promotion.

It's all good. I'm still waiting for Dougzilla (or somebody) to fire-up and do a real noisy/smoky burnout before one of the NASCAR events.
Maybe at one of Bruton's tracks?

I believe we had a fuel car fire at Bristol (Cory Mac?, Jr Todd?) a year or two ago to promote both tracks. I've been to Bristol during a Nascar Race and the noise is unbeleivable :eek:

I cant image what a fuel car would sound like in that mixing bowl called a race track ;)

Who the hell is this guy? He's supposed to be some big star coming to Nascar, I never heard of him. I have serious doubts about him being able to drive a Pro Stock car. I have a feeling he thinks it's just driving a car in a straight line for a few seconds, how hard could that be? HA!!! In Nascar, they make hundreds of laps so the over paid person in the seat can whine to the crew about making the car perfect. In Drag Racing, if it isn't perfect on a run, you just deal with it and do your best to get it to the other end. I have always believed that Drag Race drivers are seriously under-rated.

Dave

Last edited:
I can't believe the kid "had no idea drag racing was so big-time and sophisticated like (Cagnazzi's) organization."

Has he truly been so shielded from other motorsports because of his career path?

Or...

Is it an indication of how small a market our sport is really capturing?

From .....nhra.com

NHRA News: Rising NASCAR star Logano visits Victor Cagnazzi Racing shop (1/10/2008)

I got $5.00 that says dude pulls a Jay Leno and Doesn't get the car past 60'! Just cause you can turn left, doesn't qualify you to make a shake down pass in a 1500 HP Pro Stock car! Just my humble opinion here but....

"DUDE SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO MAKE A TEST RUN IN A PRO STOCK CAR!!! Maybe Jeggy can let him make a launch in his brothers Super Gas car 1st..??? But don't even think about that 1500 hp monster!
Oh please Tim...stop yourself.

I believe we had a fuel car fire at Bristol (Cory Mac?, Jr Todd?) a year or two ago to promote both tracks. I've been to Bristol during a Nascar Race and the noise is unbeleivable :eek:

I cant image what a fuel car would sound like in that mixing bowl called a race track ;)

If you could ever come for a visit between Thanksgiving and the first of the year, they do an amazingly huge light display on both tracks and the grounds between them. You pay a few bucks a carload (all going to Bruton's Speedway Children's Charities) to go through single file, and you go down the dragstrip and around the NASCAR track one time each. That round track is so steep that it feels like the mini-van is going to fall over! When you're driving around it, you just try to picture 40 other cars in a race and, it ain't right! :D

The set up a couple fires in the NASCAR infield where you buy marshmallows (with sticks for roasting) and hot chocolate. Nice deal.

When you're going down the dragstrip, every so many seconds a big "tree" goes down and dragsters made of lights go zooming by you on both sides, the last ones with parachutes!

All i will say about thsi kid is .. he has more tallent than all the oval drivers ever to sit inside a race car....

When he gets in a cup car... if its half decent.. he will make you all go ... D%*@ thats the kid who was in Jegs car?...

i would not dout him to go full pull in the PS.... i would toss him sight unseen in a TF car of any kind.... with NO worries....

Billy

Calm down Tim, he said he'd LIKE to take a pass in Jegs car, not that he was GOING to, and nobody else said he was going to either. And I don't buy this crap of "oh, he's gonna be the hottest thing in ASSCAR racing in years", Bullsh--. He's 17, what kind of experience does this kid have? Very little. He's still a CHILD, and a young one at that. I realize he's been racing go-carts and sprints and stuff for many years, but come on, at 17, you don't know jack, and you don't have a bunch of real "Stock car experience". Give me a break... :rolleyes:

Calm down Tim, he said he'd LIKE to take a pass in Jegs car, not that he was GOING to, and nobody else said he was going to either. And I don't buy this crap of "oh, he's gonna be the hottest thing in ASSCAR racing in years", Bullsh--. He's 17, what kind of experience does this kid have? Very little. He's still a CHILD, and a young one at that. I realize he's been racing go-carts and sprints and stuff for many years, but come on, at 17, you don't know jack, and you don't have a bunch of real "Stock car experience". Give me a break... :rolleyes:

Thanks for making my point for me Tom!:cool:

Being a stock car guy, I can tell you a little about Joey.
The kid won a Hooter's Cup race at 15 and Mark Martin took notice and guided his career, getting him hooked up with Gibbs.
Joey kicked ass this year in Grand National racing, winning the East championship along with the Phoenix West race, numerous East races, beat Kevin Harvick at Iowa on a late race restart and topped it off by winning the Toyota Allstar Showdown at Irwindale. $30K and a Tundra to drive for a year.

The kid has spent more time in a race car than 1000 drag racers will spend in their lifetime.

I seriously doubt he could get Jeg's car into second gear, but if he spent some time with Roy Hill I wouldn't bet against him figuring it out as quick as anyone else has. I wouldn't expect him to have the time it would require to even attempt it though.

NASCAR Nextel Cup driver Mark Martin calls Joey Logano “the real deal”. In fact, Mark says at 17, Joey already has more talent than some of the drivers he regularly competes against in the big leagues of NASCAR. And that’s because Joey Logano already has more than a dozen years of driving experience....from Joey Logano - 17-Year-Old Racing Sensation

He's just biding his time until he turns 18 and can race legally in NASCAR Sprint/Busch events.

I find it interesting that all the articles and quotes I've found about this kid refer to his skill & talent rather than how much money he brought with him to get his ride(s)... I don't doubt he comes from money, but he isn't required to bring sponsorship $$ just to get a ride. Sounds like our sport, huh?:rolleyes:

NASCAR Nextel Cup driver Mark Martin calls Joey Logano “the real deal”. In fact, Mark says at 17, Joey already has more talent than some of the drivers he regularly competes against in the big leagues of NASCAR. And that’s because Joey Logano already has more than a dozen years of driving experience....from Joey Logano - 17-Year-Old Racing Sensation

He's just biding his time until he turns 18 and can race legally in NASCAR Sprint/Busch events.

His first Nationwide Series start is scheduled for June in Dover just after his 18th birthday.

He seems very similar to Jeff Gordon, starting in QM at 5 yrs and has raced something ever since. At 17 he's got 12 plus years under his belt.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back