Richard Freeman Racing (1 Viewer)

It seems to me that while the fuel classes have obvious leverage with NHRA because they are the big draw, Pro Stock teams have a different sort of leverage in that they actually have alternatives to racing with NHRA. As noted, many teams already have programs in other top-level doorslammer classes like Pro Mod. And series and tracks that run classes like Pro Mod or Outlaw clearly have the capability of running a class for NHRA spec Pro Stocks if they wanted (even if it is 1/8 mile). Point is, if NHRA went away tomorrow, PS teams could almost certainly have a place to run if they wanted to. Not sure you can say the same about fuel cars anymore. TF and FC need NHRA as much as NHRA needs them; not sure that is true for PS.

Hypothetically, let's say the PS teams move away from the NHRA and go to PDRA. There goes the national television, there goes tens of thousands of spectators each weekend, and there goes the class recognition as one of the top tier professional categories. Without an audience there is no revenue source.

No, they are there for one reason. They want to see crashes and carnage. They don't care 2 cents about any racing or classes, rules, parity, points, etc... They just want to see cars crash.

as are a lot at NHRA events along with roundy round events. Close racing is exciting but one explosion and thats all they will talk about OH and NHRA will use it on their previews.............carnage sells

from what I have read/heard outlaw events have to CLOSE the gates because so many people show up. And if you look at outlaw cars, guess what, you know what kind of car it is WOW no decal needs on the windshield. Everything from old to new and Ford Chevy Dodge Plymouth Studebaker Pontiac, HMMMMMMM isn't this where NHRA started? AH the good old days.
I've been saying for years that the sports seems to be coming full circle again with the large popularity of the outlaw racing. First it was Street Outlaws, then No Prep....sound familiar to when NHRA started?

Well, at least the No Prep & Street Outlaws have safety equipment. If you'd see photos from Pomona & Santa Ana in early 1950's, it was a helmet & goggles & if they had a roll cage It didn't even cover the drivers head. Flip that car & squish........ Arizona has a no helmet law for motorcycles. Every time AZ tries to pass one, bikers get incensed. So no helmets. I worked in hospitals for over 30 years before I retired. You know how many bikers came into the ER w/o a helmet? You know how many lived? Or if they did live, they were a veggie the rest of their life.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back