Richard Freeman in Pro Stock (1 Viewer)

Dragracer

Nitro Member
Saw on Competition Plus that Richard Freeman is bringing a new Ford Mustang Pro Stck car to Route 66. The car looks great. With the PS engine rule you can run any engine brand in any brand car. Mustang with Chevy Elite power.? I wonder if this is just the beginning. He said the Mustang is more aerodynamic than the Camaro.

yeah, just like u don't care about it so much, u had to post in a pro stock thread !!!

truth is I do/did/do love PS but if they are going to allow this they need to be named Pro Door Car or something. Stock should not be in the class name. NA FC maybe.
FSS is much better but at the rate they are progressing it won't be long before it is out of control also.
FC is just that FUNNY.

sure, having a car match its engine type is intriguing but they apparently decided that the group of people who care about that are pretty small and for the betterment of the class they made the move. i still say a heads up category with equal rules and all out racing is what keeps my interest despite an all camaro field for me, at least!

yep. Indistinct blobs that have grilles that vaguely looks like some specific car, all of them have the same motor....blah
I respect your opinion but I never thought of them like that. I certainly wish they would have kept them looking stock but I appreciate how amazing they are past the surface.

Didn't Jeff "Izzy" Isbell run a Mustang a couple races in the west the first of this year? Believe it had K&N on the side of it.

Didn't Jeff "Izzy" Isbell run a Mustang a couple races in the west the first of this year? Believe it had K&N on the side of it.

I think he was trying to run Ford power, Freeman is ?? running Chevy power we are assuming. The Mustang is more aerodynamic they say and IIRC the Mopar was the slickest??

truth is I do/did/do love PS but if they are going to allow this they need to be named Pro Door Car or something. Stock should not be in the class name. NA FC maybe.
FSS is much better but at the rate they are progressing it won't be long before it is out of control also.
FC is just that FUNNY.

This is the point I was trying to make earlier in another thread. Pro Stock has lost their identity as being a factory hot rod as originally intended and marketed/portrayed. There's simply no avoiding how awesome the combination is, though. What they're doing on 500 inches without a power-adder of any kind is nothing short of phenomenal, and I think engine gurus from all walks of life would attest to that. As long as there is enough participant, sponsor and fan interest to keep the class afloat, I say let 'em eat. But re-brand them. Whether it be something like you said with NA FC, NAX (Naturally Aspirated Extreme), just do it. They're not Pro Stockers anymore.

Sean D

This is the point I was trying to make earlier in another thread. Pro Stock has lost their identity as being a factory hot rod as originally intended and marketed/portrayed. There's simply no avoiding how awesome the combination is, though. What they're doing on 500 inches without a power-adder of any kind is nothing short of phenomenal, and I think engine gurus from all walks of life would attest to that. As long as there is enough participant, sponsor and fan interest to keep the class afloat, I say let 'em eat. But re-brand them. Whether it be something like you said with NA FC, NAX (Naturally Aspirated Extreme), just do it. They're not Pro Stockers anymore.

Sean D

So, FSS is in the 7's and PS is in the 6.'s
If you were to take the existing FSS engine and put in a PS which is 1000 lbs lighter what would it run??.
1000lbs, 1 second faster?? old rule of thumb 1/10 per 100 lbs.
This is what Alan Johnson suggested so at least there would be a reasonable resemblance to "stock".

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back