Ricers get owned! Cars crushed in street racing crackdown (1 Viewer)

Re: Street Racers Punished

Here's an excerpt from an email I received today. Seems like CA is on the bandwagon for sure.

FYI

New California Laws effective 7/1/07
New Driving Fines for 2007

1. Carpool lane - 1st time $1068.50 starting 7/1/07 (The $271 posted
on the highway is old). Don't do it again because 2nd time is going to
be double. 3rd time triple, and 4th time license suspended.

2. Incorrect lane change - $380. Don't cross the lane on solid lines
or
intersections.

3. Block intersection - $485

4. Driving on the shoulder - $450

5. Cell phone use in the construction zone. - Double fine as of
07/01/07. Cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving.

6. Passengers over 18 not in their seatbelts - both passengers and
drivers get tickets.

7. Speeders can only drive 3 miles above the limit.

8. DUI = JAIL (Stays on your driving record for 10 years!)

9. As of 07/01/07 cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving.
Ticket is $285. They will be looking for this like crazy - easy money
for police department.

MaC

for police department.

This needs to be FEDERAL law! There's nothing that pisses me off more than someone not paying attention to driving because they are talking on a cell phone! :mad:

I'm very aware of that but it doesn't apply here from what I read! :cool:

Were you reading another article?:confused:

From the MSNBC article Alan posted

"Police need a court order to destroy the cars. They must prove that the serial or identification numbers on a vehicle or its parts are removed, altered or destroyed"

Based on this they were destroyed for the VIN violation and not street racing. The street racing just lead to the probable cause to check the VIN.

They're getting serious up here in Mn about DUI's in that the offense is now on your record permanently.

This needs to be FEDERAL law! There's nothing that pisses me off more than someone not paying attention to driving because they are talking on a cell phone! :mad:

I must agree... I see no reason why driving with a cell phone isn't considered reckless driving... If its an important call you can pull over... I know this first hand because I ran into the back of a car and caused a 3 car accident because I was being stupid on the phone...

CJ Curtsinger

Here's an excerpt from an email I received today. Seems like CA is on the bandwagon for sure.

for police department.

MaC

Never trust an "e-mail"

The law will be in effect 07-01-08
Details of SB1613

Damn, California is getting tough! Whatever you do, don't get drunk and street race while on your cell phone in a vehicle with hot parts in the middle of an intersection. This will lead to the gas chamber for sure! (I do like the cell phone law though. Too many dumbasses not paying attention!)

Damn, California is getting tough! Whatever you do, don't get drunk and street race while on your cell phone in a vehicle with hot parts in the middle of an intersection. This will lead to the gas chamber for sure! (I do like the cell phone law though. Too many dumbasses not paying attention!)

Wow I do that every day and I had no Idea Id get the Gas Chamber! I just thought I was commuting!

Jim,

Didn't necessarily trust it...but thru it out here because I knew somebody would have the right answer!!!

Does the '08 date apply to all other changes that were listed in my post?
CA certainly seems to be taking the lead again...and given the herd mentality of many states, they won't be far behind with their changes/

Thanks for the heads up.

MaC

From the MSNBC article Alan posted

"Police need a court order to destroy the cars. They must prove that the serial or identification numbers on a vehicle or its parts are removed, altered or destroyed"

Based on this they were destroyed for the VIN violation and not street racing. The street racing just lead to the probable cause to check the VIN.

Gotcha I didn't read the entire article,my bad, but it seems to only apply to two of the cases why the others were destroyed doesn't seem to be mentioned.

7. Speeders can only drive 3 miles above the limit.
Umm...i laughed when i read this. Can anyone clarify it? They're making it LEGAL to speed, but not faster than 3 mph over? Wouldnt that just be a new speed limit then...?:confused:

for police department.
Since i live in California this is going to be a tough one for a lot of people, but i sure am glad to see it made a law. After witnessing a 3 car pile up in my rear view mirror stopped at a red light because someone was on the phone, writing down directions and didnt see the stopped cars this will be a good thing. Im just glad i drive a stick because that makes it almost impossible to talk on the phone and drive. Lol

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back