Ricers get owned! Cars crushed in street racing crackdown (1 Viewer)

Wow I saw that, kinda glad I smashed up my 67 GTO rather than having the Cops Crush it right before My Eyes:eek::p (and noone got hurt, except my pride)

Sounds like the interviews of the "street racers" they talked to were pretty much neutered by the bullsh!t laws that allow a government department to take your property and destroy it based on their evidence and not your's ("Hoang flashed a receipt for the transmission he bought from his father who runs an auto shop and doubted the item was hot.")

In the day, this practice would have had ALL of us in an uproar.. Now, since it's only aimed at "rice-burners", we don't really give a damn... Somewhere around 2020, most of us will be pissed off that a B-20 Vtech engine with a double-overhead cam or a 1998 Acura Integra was stuffed in a crusher as much as we are bent out of shape to see a 67 GTO or a 69 429 Mustang meet the same fate now...

If you catch them racing illegally, just punishment. If this sh!t happens to vehicles just because of a "broken tail light", that is government totally overstepping their boundaries.

Last edited:
Re: Street Racers Punished

wow, a bit overkill. I can see doing that to repeat offenders but for stolen equipment that they may not have known about ouch.

I knew a guy who bought some parts on ebay, later found out that they were stolen. It would suck to have your car crushed for that.

Now if they are repeat street racers smash away I suppose, although I do like the one guys idea of selling parts off (they could destroy high performace items so that they don't just move the problem somewhere else) use the money to help the local budget or non profit groups.

e27d6fb4-91d5-4215-bcd5-e87bb451c41c.hlarge.jpg

thumb.gif

I love this quote in the story "The 18-year-old mechanic said a vehicle identification sticker apparently fell off"

Yeh, I know that has happened to virtually every car I ever owned.

Somehow I think selling them at auction might be a more cost effective means of generating revenue to help curtail illegal street racing...

They will all be driving brand new cars once they sue!
Believe me they will and they will win.....

Selling the cars at auction might make money to help pay officers to catch these kids, BUT, I'll just bet this has gotten some of these kids attention. If they have stolen parts in the cars, even better. Now days these kids think they can do anything they want without consequences.

The only reason some of you think this is ok is because these are rice rockets. If they were '67 GTO's or 69 Chevelle SS's or something like that, I bet you'd think this was a bit over the top, as I do.

The only reason some of you think this is ok is because these are rice rockets. If they were '67 GTO's or 69 Chevelle SS's or something like that, I bet you'd think this was a bit over the top, as I do.

Nope. It doesn't matter what make or model the vehicle is. Illegal street racing is dangerous, and personally, I despise anything or anyone who condones or partakes in the activity.

Selling the cars at auction might make money to help pay officers to catch these kids, BUT, I'll just bet this has gotten some of these kids attention. If they have stolen parts in the cars, even better. Now days these kids think they can do anything they want without consequences.

I agree but unless there is a law that allows such action, and I know there isn't, these kids will be driving new cars down the road hopefully in a more responsable manner.

I could appreciate what the Judge tried to acomplish but he/she stepped over the line and authority on this issue.

Street Racing has been part of our culture for a long time and will continue to be as long as there are teenagers and automobiles we just have to convince them to take it to local tracks.

They will all be driving brand new cars once they sue!
Believe me they will and they will win.....

I agree but unless there is a law that allows such action, and I know there isn't, these kids will be driving new cars down the road hopefully in a more responsable manner.

I could appreciate what the Judge tried to acomplish but he/she stepped over the line and authority on this issue.

Section 10751(e)2 of the California Vehicle Code states "If the evidence reveals that the identification number has been removed, defaced, altered, or destroyed, and satisfactory evidence of ownership has not been presented, the vehicle shall be destroyed, sold, or otherwise disposed of as provided by court order."

This looks to me like the judge has it in his discretion to have the vehicle "disposed" of as he sees fit.

Section 10751(e)2 of the California Vehicle Code states "If the evidence reveals that the identification number has been removed, defaced, altered, or destroyed, and satisfactory evidence of ownership has not been presented, the vehicle shall be destroyed, sold, or otherwise disposed of as provided by court order."

This looks to me like the judge has it in his discretion to have the vehicle "disposed" of as he sees fit.

For not having a VIN tag, yes. For being cought street racing (first offense), I personally don't think it's right.

Last edited:

Other states are also stepping up the fines on other moving violations, here are a few examples from the state of Virginia, as posted on a local forum:

effective July 1:

Driving on a suspended or revoked permit - Civil penalty $750.00 + the court cost & fines
Reckless Driving - Civil penalty $1,050.00 + the court cost & fines
DUI - 1st offence - Civil penalty $2,250.00 + the court cost & fines
Failure to give proper signal - Civil penalty $1,050.00 + the court cost &
fines
Leaving the scene of an accident - Civil penalty $3,000.00 + the court
cost & fines

:eek::eek:

There's a thread going about this in the Lounge already...

Sounds like the interviews of the "street racers" they talked to were pretty much neutered by the bullsh!t laws that allow a government department to take your property and destroy it based on their evidence and not your's ("Hoang flashed a receipt for the transmission he bought from his father who runs an auto shop and doubted the item was hot.")

In the day, this practice would have had ALL of us in an uproar.. Now, since it's only aimed at "rice-burners", we don't really give a damn... Somewhere around 2020, most of us will be pissed off that a B-20 Vtech engine with a double-overhead cam or a 1998 Acura Integra was stuffed in a crusher as much as we are bent out of shape to see a 67 GTO or a 69 429 Mustang meet the same fate now...

If you catch them racing illegally, just punishment. If this sh!t happens to vehicles just because of a "broken tail light", that is government totally overstepping their boundaries.

I'm very aware of that but it doesn't apply here from what I read! :cool:

Were you reading another article?:confused:

Other states are also stepping up the fines on other moving violations, here are a few examples from the state of Virginia, as posted on a local forum:

effective July 1:

Driving on a suspended or revoked permit - Civil penalty $750.00 + the court cost & fines
Reckless Driving - Civil penalty $1,050.00 + the court cost & fines
DUI - 1st offence - Civil penalty $2,250.00 + the court cost & fines
Failure to give proper signal - Civil penalty $1,050.00 + the court cost &
fines
Leaving the scene of an accident - Civil penalty $3,000.00 + the court
cost & fines

:eek::eek:

Sounds like the state is looking to generate more money while sending a message! ;)

Failure to use your turn signal is the same as reckless driving WTF!
Dizzy law makers crack me up! :p

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back