Red-hot Lewis stays in .20s in Dallas (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Enters race with hot hand after two straight divisional wins

ENNIS, Texas – NHRA Top Alcohol Dragster driver Brandon Lewis and his family’s TigerFlow Systems backed team are holding a hot hand going into this weekend’s O’Reilly Super Start Batteries Fall Nationals at the Texas Motorplex just south of Dallas. After re-uniting with tuner Steve Boggs last month, Lewis has assaulted the class with a barrage of 5.2 second elapsed times, and collecting wins at his last two divisional races in the process. After day one of qualifying in Dallas, he currently sits sixth with a 5.285 at 269.83 mph.

Lewis, of Broken Arrow, Okla., won his most recent race last weekend at No Problem Raceway outside of New Orleans. The win put him in the Division 4 points lead, which was their goal for skipping the NHRA Carolinas Nationals, an important race for his sponsors TigerFlow.

“It’s good that we went down there and got the win and the points lead,” said Lewis. “That helped us justify it to TigerFlow, our sponsor. Charlotte was a pretty big customer base for them, but after winning in Topeka, they understood we still had a good shot at winning the Division 4 Championship. It’s not only great the support Marvin Yoder and Monroe Guest of TigerFlow give us, but they understand the racing side of it as well.”

“I can’t say enough about what having Steve Boggs back on board,” Lewis continued. “It’s like we went to running 5.20’s instantly. He’s a wizard with these A/Fuel cars. Every time I get in the car, its like, how fast is it going to go this time? It’s a fun car to drive, and its fast.”

This weekend is always the equivalent of playing a ‘home game’ for Lewis, as this is the closest national event to home for him. Not only will he have a large group of TigerFlow guests on hand, but a large contingent of family and friends from home.

“We always have a big group down here in Dallas,” stated Lewis. “We really hope to do well. I don’t remember the last time we’ve had a car running as good as we are now.”

Top Alcohol Dragster will have one more qualifying session today, followed by round one of eliminations tonight. Final eliminations will conclude the event on Sunday.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back