Real Jungle Jim Movie? (1 Viewer)

mltdwn12

Nitro Member
I read some time ago about a guy trying to write a Jungle Jim movie. He supposedly did a bunch of interviews and research but than somehow lost the material through some scam. I think a movie like this would really be interesting especially if it was really showed how things were in the 70’s with the partying. May not paint the family friendly picture the NHRA would want 😳

Yea I was involved with the project from the beginning. I've got the most recent screenplay sitting on my desk right now. It's been pitched to many studios and producers but funding is the big issue...

Yea I was involved with the project from the beginning. I've got the most recent screenplay sitting on my desk right now. It's been pitched to many studios and producers but funding is the big issue...
Does the screenplay tell the real full story? If it does it could be a stunning achievement not only showing the roots of Funny Car racing but also the '70's themselves. American Jungle!

The way for a movie like this to get funded, and ultimately be successful, is it has to be a great movie first and foremost. If it only appeals to people like us, hardcore drag racers and fans, it's not likely to go anywhere. When the Snake and the Mongoose movie came out, I think 2013, another racing rivalry movie came out, Rush. Rush was about the rivalry between Niki Lauda and James Hunt, and it is just a well done movie, from the acting to the directing. Even if you're not a race fan, you'll probably enjoy Rush, and, might become interested in F1. Having said all that, I would love to see a drag racing movie made with a big budget, known actors, and a killer director, like a Ron Howard.

I was involved with the project from the beginning. The producers spent a lot of money on rights, interviews and travel to come up with a script. They also put together a story board and a video that was sent to just about every studio to no avail. If anybody out there has has millions to spend to make this happen let me know and I'll put you in touch with the right people.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back