Random oddballs of the world. (1 Viewer)

Mooseman

Nitro Member
Is it just me or are there some really odd people who are a couple of slices of bread short of a sandwich out and about in the streets who probably should be institutionalised (pardon my spelling) . I was in the underground carpark of a local shopping complex today with my dad and brother . We were walking into the mall , minding our own business when some ramdon guy just comes up to us and we had never seen him before and starts yelling "did you tell me to get f***** over and over and we just told him to go away and we walked off then security came and he was yelling and talking to himself . Damn idiot oddballs

Is it just me or are there some really odd people who are a couple of slices of bread short of a sandwich out and about in the streets who probably should be institutionalised (pardon my spelling) . I was in the underground carpark of a local shopping complex today with my dad and brother . We were walking into the mall , minding our own business when some ramdon guy just comes up to us and we had never seen him before and starts yelling "did you tell me to get f***** over and over and we just told him to go away and we walked off then security came and he was yelling and talking to himself . Damn idiot oddballs

I had an incident a few years back with an "interesting character"!!! I was on my motorcycle heading over to my mother's house and was behind a city bus with a few cars in front of me. As the bus stopped to let people off a guy gets off and proceeds to cross the street behind the bus as it pulled away...nevermind there were cars coming:p . The car behind the bus honked which at that point the guy looks up, takes off his backpack, throws it at the car as it passes, rips of his shirt and comes out into the street at the second car in "full fight mode". He swings at the second car as it passes (I couldnt tell if he hit it or not). Then does the same to the car in front of me!!!
Now at this point I'm thinking I'm next and I'm on a motorcycle...HOLY SH&T!!! Right at the point when I was going to "open it up" and pass the car to its left, he turned back to the curb. I guess he didnt see me on the bike behind the cars...THANK GOD

I don't get scared of these types of people but you really have to watch yourself sometimes because you never know what they might do or how stuffed in the head they really are.

I like to humor them, myself. I'd have been yelling the same question back to him. Around here we say "His cornbread isn't quite done yet." :D

Couple cans from making a six-pack..
Elevator doesn't go to the top floor..
Sandwich shy of a picnic..
Lights on and nobody home..
Not the shrpest knife in the drawer..

etc..

On rare occasion, God will send us a special one to help learn to deal with life a little differently . . .

but . . .

. . . there are also drugs to allow clear headed folks to self destruct.

I had an incident a few years back with an "interesting character"!!! I was on my motorcycle heading over to my mother's house and was behind a city bus with a few cars in front of me. As the bus stopped to let people off a guy gets off and proceeds to cross the street behind the bus as it pulled away...nevermind there were cars coming:p . The car behind the bus honked which at that point the guy looks up, takes off his backpack, throws it at the car as it passes, rips of his shirt and comes out into the street at the second car in "full fight mode". He swings at the second car as it passes (I couldnt tell if he hit it or not). Then does the same to the car in front of me!!!
Now at this point I'm thinking I'm next and I'm on a motorcycle...HOLY SH&T!!! Right at the point when I was going to "open it up" and pass the car to its left, he turned back to the curb. I guess he didnt see me on the bike behind the cars...THANK GOD

Interesting character in Austin?!? Unbelieveable :rolleyes: :D

What I want to know is, does EVERY town have at least one person who's known for roaming the streets for years?

There was a guy in the center of my hometown. I've seen him walking down a sidewalk with a leaf rake, swinging it at people who aren't there and yelling "Get away from me!" I used to scare girlfriends by pulling up to him with their side of the car to hand him aluminum cans, because he'd always thank you with a smile. They'd be terrified because it'd be the closest they've ever been to him.

Two sides of the same town. An older guy and an older lady. Same thing, roamed the same roads for years.

In Kingsport, TN, near us, there's an old guy who dresses like 1920s. In the summer you can see him walking around with a wool coat on, buttoned up, always with an old suit underneath. We were in a fish place eating in a table next to his one day. He acted pretty strange the whole time. All of a sudden, he gets up and VERY quickly walks out the door. I looked at the table and the salt and pepper shakers were missing! Makes you wonder what his place looks like!

These instances are the reason that I bought my wife and daughters each a "Chemical Billy Club" (pepper spray). If someone like that gets too close, they will hose him down.

I looked at the table and the salt and pepper shakers were missing! Makes you wonder what his place looks like!

I'm going to guess that his place looks alot like bushes or what the underside of a freeway overpass looks like.

Interesting character in Austin?!? Unbelieveable :rolleyes: :D

There are interesting characters on every street corner here in Austin!!!:D This has to be the only city that has panhandlers on EVERY corner you stop at.:mad: How many other citys out there have a motto similar to ours..."KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD"

On rare occasion, God will send us a special one to help learn to deal with life a little differently . . .

but . . .

. . . there are also drugs to allow clear headed folks to self destruct.

Bobby, you are so right with one being sent by God!!! People kinda label most homeless as being "off in the head", but you come across one that REALLY makes you feel horrible(not telling you, but the feeling of guilt you have afterwards) for feeling that way after speaking with them and finding out how great of a person they really are.
I work in a bad area of Austin and see characters all the time and usually dont pay any attention to them, but while at the gas pump a "chracter" came up and we started to chat while pumping gas. I was stunned at how intelligent this guy was and how "level headed" he was! Man, I felt bad afterwards that I didnt give this guy a moments though until I was "trapped" at the gas pump.

Once upon a time when I worked a a cerain restaurant establishment I had a lady try to burn her face with a lighter in fromt of some kids after calling 911 the police ran her off only so she could back hours later and do it again...ill never forget that night. She ended up burning her face pretty bad and the hair :confused:

Once upon a time when I worked a a cerain restaurant establishment I had a lady try to burn her face with a lighter in fromt of some kids after calling 911 the police ran her off only so she could back hours later and do it again...ill never forget that night. She ended up burning her face pretty bad and the hair :confused:

Hey Mike, I see your from Waco. Did they ever open the Elite cafe back up? We used to eat there on the way back from Ennis.

Bobby, you are so right with one being sent by God!!! People kinda label most homeless as being "off in the head", but you come across one that REALLY makes you feel horrible(not telling you, but the feeling of guilt you have afterwards) for feeling that way after speaking with them and finding out how great of a person they really are.
I work in a bad area of Austin and see characters all the time and usually dont pay any attention to them, but while at the gas pump a "chracter" came up and we started to chat while pumping gas. I was stunned at how intelligent this guy was and how "level headed" he was! Man, I felt bad afterwards that I didnt give this guy a moments though until I was "trapped" at the gas pump.

I don't think you can peg them all anymore than you can any other group of people, that they're going to run the entire spectrum. If I were really convinced that someone was sincerely in NEED, I might try to help them out, but they're going to have to be VERY convincing, and I don't see it happening.

If you're the career bum, you get a very stiff attitude from me, because I'm usually AT WORK when they try it (spending a helluva lot more time there than most people). My favorite line is "I've got a better idea. Why don't YOU go to work, you spend YOUR time making money, then you just give some of it to ME! I think that's a MUCH better idea!" Often brings personal insults, most commonly the old FU, which tells me that I got all over a little pride nerve that NEEDED getting all over. If you come up and ask me for money like it's easy to do, odds are I'm going to p*ss you off.

I do have a hard time believing that anyone in America will always be homeless unless they WANT to be. Hey, if you're going to be homeless, you picked the best country in the world to be it in. :)

Okay, I'm mixing bums in with crazy people. My fault.

I don't think you can peg them all anymore than you can any other group of people, that they're going to run the entire spectrum. If I were really convinced that someone was sincerely in NEED, I might try to help them out, but they're going to have to be VERY convincing, and I don't see it happening.

If you're the career bum, you get a very stiff attitude from me, because I'm usually AT WORK when they try it (spending a helluva lot more time there than most people). My favorite line is "I've got a better idea. Why don't YOU go to work, you spend YOUR time making money, then you just give some of it to ME! I think that's a MUCH better idea!" Often brings personal insults, most commonly the old FU, which tells me that I got all over a little pride nerve that NEEDED getting all over. If you come up and ask me for money like it's easy to do, odds are I'm going to p*ss you off.

I do have a hard time believing that anyone in America will always be homeless unless they WANT to be. Hey, if you're going to be homeless, you picked the best country in the world to be it in. :)

Okay, I'm mixing bums in with crazy people. My fault.

Ron, I agree with you that it is a hard sell to convince the public that they are TRULY struggling instead of being the career "bum". Here in Austin it seems that there are more "career bums" than working people in our central downtown district. On the funny side of things...My mom and I were driving somewhere a few years back and we passed our "neighborhood regular panhandler" on the street corner doing his adily routine of nothing. As we passed by my mom yells out the window, "you need to get a job". He yells back to her "FIND ME ONE, B!T&@"!!! We both looked at each other and laughed so hard!!!

LOL, it crossed my mind the other week that someone could probably become wealthy and famous just by making a play on what the career bums do. Be creative in making up a cardboard sign and then stand at an intersection. Could read "I could work for food, but you keep giving me money so I don't have to."

Ever have 90% of an idea? You know the rest of it is there somewhere, but you don't have all of it yet? I just know that if you came up with the right controversial line for a sign like that, you'd have news cameras on you.

LOL, the sign could read "My Mercedes payment is due. Please help!" or "Need vacation money!"

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back