Raining Again (1 Viewer)

Fueler32

Nitro Member
Damm, I was hoping they would get it all done before it came back, From The top end at the track they say it does not look good, Almost like yesterday.

3:10 p.m. EST = They are just minutes from being absolutly POUNDED with hard, long rain. I know NHRA has radar, so why bother the past hour or so to get it dry when that BIG GREEN & RED BLOB is on your screen and on your direct path.......??

3:10 p.m. EST = They are just minutes from being absolutly POUNDED with hard, long rain. I know NHRA has radar, so why bother the past hour or so to get it dry when that BIG GREEN & RED BLOB is on your screen and on your direct path.......??

Agreed, just send everyone home. It's not like Maple Grove is Moses.

In fact I'd say it's the Anti-Moses.

Until you see the rain coming down, there's always a chance it will dissipate before it gets there. I've seen it happen time after time - don't forget that the green blobs are computer-generated composites and don't always show reality. I been at races that were run under a green blob all weekend long and no moisture was hitting the ground - I've also been at races where the radar was clear and it was raining hard enough to shut the race down.

So the rule is, "Look out the window. If it's not wet, it isn't raining."

Agreed, just send everyone home. It's not like Maple Grove is Moses.

In fact I'd say it's the Anti-Moses.

I don't disagree but I have been in that valley and rained like hell in Reading and we raced all day at the grove. You just never know. But I doesn't look good.

There are enough hills around Maple Grove that there have been times when the big green blob just misses the track. Last Thursday, when it was raining at the track, it was not raining just 15 miles away. Similarly, on Friday afternoon, it was raining pretty hard a few miles away from the track but there was no rain at the track.

You can never tell and it's often worth taking the chance and trying to dry the track. The worse that can happen is that some gas it wasted on the drying equipment.

Jim

Until you see the rain coming down, there's always a chance it will dissipate before it gets there. I've seen it happen time after time - don't forget that the green blobs are computer-generated composites and don't always show reality. I been at races that were run under a green blob all weekend long and no moisture was hitting the ground - I've also been at races where the radar was clear and it was raining hard enough to shut the race down.

So the rule is, "Look out the window. If it's not wet, it isn't raining."

A downpour minutes after my post, must have been the RED blobs I mentioned prior. I'll give ya the green blob theory but right now I'm looking outside my hauler and I see two things ---- RAIN & a BIG RED BLOB......
as per my Doppler prediction

A downpour minutes after my post, must have been the RED blobs I mentioned prior. I'll give ya the green blob theory but right now I'm looking outside my hauler and I see two things ---- RAIN & a BIG RED BLOB......
as per my Doppler prediction

I assumed the lack of updates on the audio stream was a very bad sign.

It would have been nice if Bob Frey (et al) would provide the same information that you just did.

I assumed the lack of updates on the audio stream was a very bad sign.

It would have been nice if Bob Frey (et al) would provide the same information that you just did.

The coverage of this event has been crap. Updates as to when anything would be aired after the initial delay were way too long coming.

When did they 'announce' the 1:00PM e.t. airing? I read it on the nhra site at 1:00PM pacific coast time. There was nothing - nothing - on any espn channel ticker this morning either.

If you are not a relatively devoted drag racing fan how would you know what happened after the rain out Sunday?

All that hype they were generating about the countdown? POOF!

Dale - Aha! According to the rule, it is raining, just like I said!

Meanwhile, I am sitting in Indianapolis, using my DirecTV signal as a rain-warning device. Each time it says "Searching for satellite signal" on my TV screen, it's gonna rain hard in a couple minutes. Hasn't been wrong yet!

Is there anyplace it isn't raining toady? If so, I want to go there...

Is there anyplace it isn't raining toady? If so, I want to go there...

Sweet Home Alabama... Today broke a string of 13 consecutive 100+ degree days, several record highs in that string including 107 last week. And it hasn't rained in a month.

BTW, only 98 today, but right back up to 100+ tommorrow.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back