Qatar roll Call??!! (1 Viewer)

Do they even have beer in Qatar?

I doubt it ... that was kinda my joke ... muslim law forbids the consumption of alcohol ... when they have the F1 race in Bahrain, they spray carbonated strawberry water on each other in lieu of champagne. In Australia there is beer for sure!

I am sure some of the chicks in Qatar are hot ... but they are covered in burkas ... at least in Australia I will know which ones are hot!!!

Road trip to Australia ... who's in???

I would go to Qatar ... but I would much rather go to Australia. There will be many more cars at the Kalitta race and the beer is much better!!!!

Chris,

Not only that, but you would get to see a lot more racing, and a whole bunch of classes. Mind you it can get really hot around December, and you'd have your first summer xmas ;)

If I had the cash and the time I'd make the trip. I walked off one plane through the terminal at Doha and back onto another plane on my way home from Iraq, I'd like to check it out. I don't need beer somewhere that hot. I'd also like to make trip to Australia.
Qatar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
S/F
D
Aurora CO

Australia is on my bucket list! :)

Well now is the time! After you do it, just put "pay credit card" on your bucket list instead :D

The Oz dollar has just dropped about 40%!
I'm a 14 time veteran, and when their dollar is this low, you can live like a king or queen on your trip!

Well now is the time! After you do it, just put "pay credit card" on your bucket list instead :D

The Oz dollar has just dropped about 40%!
I'm a 14 time veteran, and when their dollar is this low, you can live like a king or queen on your trip!

Tell me about it :mad: Just put my Vegas/Sema/Pomona trip back 2 or 3 years .....not to worry.

Hey guys, come on in - the waters fine !:)

Mark.

I doubt it ... that was kinda my joke ... muslim law forbids the consumption of alcohol ... when they have the F1 race in Bahrain, they spray carbonated strawberry water on each other in lieu of champagne. In Australia there is beer for sure!

I am sure some of the chicks in Qatar are hot ... but they are covered in burkas ... at least in Australia I will know which ones are hot!!!

Having been through Qatar and out to Bahrain with the European TF invasion in 06, I can assure you there is plenty of beer in Bahrain, although Qatar is more traditionally muslim. I wasn't particularly impressed with Qatar from the bit I saw but if Sheikh Khalid Bin Hamad Al Thani wants to invite any of the European racers out there as part of a bought in show I'd be happy to spend some more time in the country and hopefully come home with a better impression!

Bahrain is actually "Las Vegas on an Island" for those from Saudi and Qatar who have money to spend. There are many "western" hotels and bars that serve alcohol, supposedly only to non-muslim visitors and tourists, but it seems that religion is irrelevant if you have the money to spend. Mrs P got chatted up in the hotel bar one night by a rather rich Saudi guy who'd come across to Bahrain over the causeway in his Lamborghini (chauferred because the driving position gave him a headache), who was most apologetic when she said she was married and even moreso when I turned up 5 minutes later. He insisted on buying us drinks all night as a gesture of goodwill and told us how the wealthy Saudi men come to Bahrain on the weekend for the sort of "fun" that isn't available at home, as he put it. This was only affirmed by the fact that although there were at least 6 Top Fuel teams in the hotel we were totally outnumbered at the bar by Phillipino er.... LADIES (of dubious repute). And although obviously I was more than happy with the lady I was with, I can confirm that "the full girlfriend experience" doesn't come cheap in Bahrain! (and yes they really do say "Love you long-time") And btw this was a very high class hotel.

It was definitely an experience that I'd repeat. Hopefully in the not too distant future!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back