Qatar roll Call??!! (1 Viewer)

Billy

Nitro Member
Ok, here's my big post #2. I've attended quite a few races at the Texas Motorplex for the past 18 years, and would love to venture out to other races, including Indy and Pomona. But since I haven't had a major "vacation" in several years, I'm starting to think that attending a race in Qatar might be something worth planning. I can't say that I'm crazy about leaving the states, and Qatar seems quite a bit different from the norm, but why not? If money was not an obstical, how many of you would really consider going to Qatar and watching AJ and "to be announced" lay it down? Do you think it would be the trip of a lifetime, or is it something you would never consider?

I don't think you are too far off base... If I had the funds to go, I would consider it for sure. Not sure my wife would see the romantic factors of the trip though.

I'm not married, and don't have kids, so it makes my decision much easier for sure. I would have to plan this out months in advance, though, with my work schedule and all. But I think this would be a more rewarding trip then the typical run to Mexico, even if they smoked the tires and didn't make it down the track. I just wonder how many other TF teams will be there to actually make it worth while. If it's an exhibition run, I might pass on it.

Hey Zappy...are you tuned in on this one? Road trip to Qatar....let's book some tickets! These "first annuals" are fun!

Nope...I like living in the USA and spending my money here at race tracks that certainly could use our dollars.
I also prefer being respected here for who I am not disrespected for what I am. jmo :)

Hey Zappy...are you tuned in on this one? Road trip to Qatar....let's book some tickets! These "first annuals" are fun!

I'm not sure his Garmen could him from to there from here. ALso not sure if the road even goes that far :D

My mom lived there for 2 years, and loved it. She had a contract with the airforce base at Qatar. When you get into Qatar (Doha area), Bahrain, Dubai, it's not the environment many people think it is. Those people love to have fun, and they definitely love their drag racing.

I have to put in months in advance for a race as well. I'm going to Dinwiddie next year, it'll be my first N-HRA race. I've been to several IHRA regional and national races down at Budds Creek.

Maybe AJ would let us ride on his jet? Or Kalitta's if the Shiek pays them to come... There has to be room on one of those 747's...

I need a little help. I have my Rapid Rewards all fired up but cannot find the Qatar destination airport for Southwest Airlines.............:D

I would go to Qatar ... but I would much rather go to Australia. There will be many more cars at the Kalitta race and the beer is much better!!!!

Do they even have beer in Qatar? Do the Hooters waitresses over there wear veils?

Guess i'll have to tag along to find out.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back