Prudhomme calling it quits (1 Viewer)

Im as liberal as they come and even I think the tobacco laws are total BS, I would hate to see captain cool not out there

Ditto. I'm not only liberal, I don't smoke. Yet I also think the tobacco laws are asinine. Losing Prudhomme would be a real disappointment.

It still seems a shame. 48 years, it just seems like he should get fifty years. He's been a big part of drag racing and anyone who participated in this sport at a level beyond taking the family sedan to the track owes him a debt. JMO

So, with the economy off and a bit of a late start, what do you guys think his chances of landing funding are??

I think his chances are good and here's why. He's the Snake and they have a marketable driver. But here's why I'm optimistic: there was a second car deal they were working on. What if that company that was going to sponsor the second car becomes the new sponsor? Why wouldn't that new no. 2 sponsor for the no. 2 car wouldn't want to slide in as the primary sponsor on the Snake's only car?

Last edited:
Maybe the Don Garlits syndrome? That's where fame and success don't equal dollars anymore.

Garlits has declined big sponsorships from tobacco companies. He wants no part in selling products he thinks are harmful. He takes his status as a role model to young people very seriously.

-90% Jimmy

I think his chances are good and here's why. He's the Snake and they have a marketable driver. But here's why I'm optimistic: there was a second car deal they were working on. What if that company that was going to sponsor the second car becomes the new sponsor? Why wouldn't that new no. 2 sponsor for the no. 2 car wouldn't want to slide in as the primary sponsor on the Snake's only car?
Well I never believed that there was a "deal" for a second car,If so why hasn't it come out or a driver been named ? Also why would DPR start all this media re: money if he had a sponsor lined up for a "second" car.
All that talk was to pressure L.D. to resign or to let him know DPR doesn't care if you leave.

Garlits has declined big sponsorships from tobacco companies. He wants no part in selling products he thinks are harmful. He takes his status as a role model to young people very seriously.

-90% Jimmy

Oh! But it didn't matter that he raced all those years when the series was sponsored by a tobacco company and that he was the Winston Top Fuel Championship right? ;)
Can you say hypocrisy? :p

So, with the economy off and a bit of a late start, what do you guys think his chances of landing funding are??

He could very possibly land a sponsor, but would it be enough to be competitive? My guess is Prudhomme won't bother unless it's enough to run the tour right!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back