Prudhomme calling it quits (1 Viewer)

Bummer. Thought he already had something lined up for 2010. Somebody must have backed out. Indy's good place to let everyone know.

Wow. That is huge! Possibly no Snake and no Bernstein? Big changes in 2010. Maybe I am speaking too soon, before reading KB announcement thread. We will see what announcements come from Indy...

This is so sad! Prudhomme is still one of all time favorite drivers and owners. Please don't go snake! :(

Edit: I just read it's because of new legislation of tobacco laws. Those f**king politicians. :mad:

Last edited:
Another buy out another lost sponsor. Do we see a pattern here?
First it was Bud, now US Tobacco.

In January 2009, USSTC became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Altria Group, Inc.

Altria Group's operating companies include Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Ste. Michelle Wine Estates. Our tobacco companies brand portfolios consist of successful and well-known brand names such as Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal and Black & Mild.

15 years ago this weekend I bought a black Final Strike T-shirt. Snake signed it with gold ink. I stuck out my hand and said "this is what I really wanted." He smiled, and shook my hand. I wish I was there tonight to shake his hand again. If ever there was a drag racers drag racer, it's Don Prudhomme. Maybe....who knows? All the best Snake! Oh! That t-shirt is now in my quilt. Have a look.

I hate to hear this too and it will be a great loss to the sport. It's one less car in the pits and on the track. Maybe he'll do something with the nostalgia funny car scene since he has quite an inventory now days??

Can we now go to plan B and get the costs down? How many more have to quit?

Last edited:
When he went from a multi-car team that included both floppers and rails, to a single car team, I had my suspicions this might eventually happen. I'm thinking he's thinking "eh, screw it! It's time for something else!"

It's seemed to me his heart simply hasn't been in it for a year or so now.

Sad to see him go.

From my post earlier today, I'm now wondering if KB is NOT going to announce a new sponsor, but give us some more bad new instead tomorrow. :confused:

I've been around drag racing, nascar, f1, indy car etc. basically anything that had tobacco sponsorship from about the time I was in diapers so i think im one of the ones they were trying "save" and not once has those sponsorships made me ever wanna smoke or chew so I just dont see the point in cracking down on them. Winston did a ton for nhra and it sucks them and other tobacco products got run out of motorsports

Some humans get it,some dont,and some are not even worthy of a comment........This is like NASCAR leaving King Richard Petty high and dry,and not GETTING HIM SPONSER!!! NHRA doenst do much to find Sponsers for the Racers/what they do is get a new company in the sport then steal them!!! If SNAKE isnt out there ...........the sport is a loss,for many reasons.Im sure Wally Parks is rolling in his gave at the state of NHRA at this point. Snake has gave his life to this sport.....time for NHRA to step up and make a worthy challege to NASCAR and keep one of the TRUE LEGENDS IN THE SPORT...........IN THE SPORT!!!!

thats a bummer, snake is a legend and belongs out there, WAKE UP NHRA! the 1,000 ft rule, the points countdown, ect ect ect ect its all bringing this sport down to nothing.

1000 ft is fine. That's not the issue.

Hope the team can find something. Spencer is a good dude!!

1000 ft is fine. That's not the issue.

1000 ft is an issue for me, and the reason I haven't been to a race since they went to it. In fact, I have more of an issue with 1000 ft, than I do the Countdown. I went to the Norwalk Night Of Fire event last year, when they first went to 1000 feet. I didn't like it, and haven't been back.

I recall reading an interview with the Snake early last season or the year before where he expressed interest in retirement, and at that time, had hoped that Larry Dixon would buy the team. Of course, we all know that didn't happen.

Like it or not fellow Maters, they are turning our beloved drag racing into golf!..................we used to live in America.

I'm not as alarmed as I was. After watching the show it's the usual deal "I'll park the car if I don't have a deal next year". And who can blame him since nobody can afford this without major advertisers. I'm optimistic they will find something but it adds some drama between now to the end of the year if Bernstein's wasn't enough.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back