Greg Stanfield + $$$ = ??? (1 Viewer)

Man that would be great!
I hope this does come true. Greg Stanfield and team have done a great job with the funds they have. With more they would be a Team Summit killer I am sure!

I saw Greg and crew going into Cracker Barrel yesterday morning as we were headed out. :cool:

and to think stanfield was the first guy passing around the petition to ban the shocks, and moaning about funding. ironic huh. and im not sure if the overnight funding will automaticly put that team leaps and bounds over the summit team :D

I don't think ANY team is going to be an overnight Team Summit killer.
But they would definitely have a better shot I think. ;)

DLB

If he's so tight lipped and keeping this under secrecy why did he even
give that interview

I hope he does close the deal, but more importantly, I hope he spends the money wisely. He is going to need a lot of help beyond the $$ because KB has $$ and lots of talented crew!

give that interview

No kidding! He's paranoid about blowing the deal, but he just may have done so without disclosing the sponsor. Plus, he'd better hope this potential sponsor doesn't read that story. His reference to "cubic dollars" won't impress the sponsor at all. In fact, if this Fortune 500 company reads his reference to their excessive funding, they'll probably cut back the size of the check he mentioned. And then he won't be able to buy those super duper shocks he used to object to.

I understand they need funding, but they also need a polished PR person to put a muzzle on the team owner. What a silly statement to make...

I like Larry Morgans comment this weekend to GA,Did you give Jason the shocks,lol.

Larry is one of those guys that seems to always have a smile on his face. I feel fortunate he drives and builds my preferred brand.

Go Larry....GO!

So I guess if I go spend $10 million tomorrow on buying 2 new prostockers and an few engines then I could be outrunning GA and JL next week right??? I agree you need money to compete, but to think that with a few extra benjamin's in the bank is going to make any team overnight compete on the same level as KB racing with GA and JL is ridiculous. They are head and shoulders above the rest of the class. They work hard and they deserve every single win they get. For some one to overtake them, it will require skill and determination and unending WORK.

give that interview

Maybe he and the sponsor decided they were close enough to signing a deal that it would be good to start getting interest. People reading about him having a potential new sponsor will be curious as to who it is and will start paying attention to the team. Just a thought.

So I guess if I go spend $10 million tomorrow on buying 2 new prostockers and an few engines then I could be outrunning GA and JL next week right???
If it's Ken Black's money moving over to your team, you are correct! It'll take a bit more than a week, however. Most all parts wear out in time?

I guess my intentions of this thought weren't quite taken the right way. I don't believe anyone can think that success can be bought or acheived overnight. However, if you look at the what this team has done over the last couple of seasons, with very little money and doing it all themselves, it's fairly remarkable; especially given the circumstances of going up against teams with pretty much unlimited budgets and staff. Being a former Super Stock national champ, and doing what they've done as the little guy, I am a fan of Stanfield's. I just seem to think that with the effort they've shown, and a little more financial backing, they'll finally get over that hump and start winning some races. They'd have to start doing that before anyone could consider them KB Racing killers.

Oh, and it was Bart Price's interview, not Stanfield's.

jason was a little guy once too.....and won the stock title.
IMO - the history of the class would lead me to believe that someday
team summit will not dominate, but rite now they're the mouse
and the rest of the field is the cat - they just can't seem to catch them.
they still mph better than most (big horsepower) but if you look at 60
and 330 ft. times, they are not always the fastest - well, they're trying
to apply more HP at the launch than other teams, so if other teams
finally catch up in the HP department, team summit will have their launch
figured out and so it goes.........
(i'm saying this hypothetically based on very general knowledge)

No kidding! He's paranoid about blowing the deal, but he just may have done so without disclosing the sponsor. Plus, he'd better hope this potential sponsor doesn't read that story. His reference to "cubic dollars" won't impress the sponsor at all. In fact, if this Fortune 500 company reads his reference to their excessive funding, they'll probably cut back the size of the check he mentioned. And then he won't be able to buy those super duper shocks he used to object to.

I understand they need funding, but they also need a polished PR person to put a muzzle on the team owner. What a silly statement to make...

I thought the samething after I read the story. Wouldn't surprise me if they went with another team. He just told everyone out there that there was a sponsor that was looking to invest their money in a PS Team or better yet a Fuel Team. Very bad decision on there part to annnounce something like this. Just my 2 cents......

Don't know anymore now than when I read it..there isn't anything to put in jeopardy.

If he named the company before the deal is sealed..I can see trouble..but a couple of teams are in the running..he's just one of them.

No ambulance..no foul.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back