Product loyalty (1 Viewer)

Mooseman

Nitro Member
Has anyone else noticed that alot of racers / crew chiefs are loyal to certain product brands . Even if they are'nt sponsered by the company they still are loyal to that product . Ive always liked knowing exactly what everyone is running lol I like reading all the contigensy sponser decals to find out whos using what . One thing i've allways wondered is who is using what cams. Is anyone else like that?

I am like that in a big way. I actually try and keep up on the pro stock and nascar advantages by watching their stickers and really digging into those leads. Also speaking with everyone that I can and trying to pull as much info as possible on what is going on in these technologies. The amount of information I have found in scraps from WJ's table, then speaking at length with the actual manufacturers is astounding. What they have tried, what works, what did not, etc. A few calls to coating comapnies on what all can be coated spun my head around a few years back. Now I coat all kinds of stuff and found gains, longevity, and stability.
But when you dig too deep, you find answers that you don't really want to find in some ways. Like camshafts for one. There are really only two camshaft blank manufacturers. Almost every cam company buys from one of these two core companies and grinds them out in their machines. So when you campare a Doug Herbert cam to a Comp, the only difference is mathmatics in ramps. And saying that Doug Herbert is less expensive because his material is inferior, or this cam is made of better material, (although I have heard both), is absolute garbage. Both blanks were made in the same place, by the same machine and out of the same material.
The Turkish rods, the Chineese cranks. These companies don't make their own lifters, their own valve springs, etc.
There is still unbelievable product loyalty in what works, and especially when a company does make their own product. But for lots of the parts we see for sale in the Dragster, it is the exact same product as the guy on the next page. Or started out the same, and was tested, machined and finished differently like an Eagle. But is came from the same boat as the other guys.

brand loyalty

A fourty thousand dollar motor can be bought for around 25-28 thousand dollars if you bought it in peices.sometimes parts are just parts! it's the years of knowledge of what to do with these parts.most of your top pro's have access to the same parts,so at that level it really is what you know & how to apply it that makes the difference.:)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back