Pro Stockers are Flying (2 Viewers)

StarLink
High Speed Internet
Available AnyWhere On Earth
Now $349

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
What a pass by Allen Johnson!! Who says a Mopar can't go fast! Congrats to Allen and Team Mopar!

Re: Allen Johnson 6.549

Anderson just came back and ran a 6.52.:eek:

211 in progress!

Pretty amazing ET's and speeds for 1600 ft corrected air. Imagine what they will run if Gainesville, Houston, Seattle, MapleGrove, Virginia, Englishtown or almost anywhere else gets good air.

Re: 211 in progress!

Pretty amazing ET's and speeds for 1600 ft corrected air. Imagine what they will run if Gainesville, Houston, Seattle, MapleGrove, Virginia, Englishtown or almost anywhere else gets good air.

I read somewhere else it was sub 200ft. I was shocked at the ets after I saw what DRC had the altitude at.

Now that was some AMAZING performance! Congrats to jason line. I was pulling for my pick to win the championship Mike Edwards, but that team will do great this season. Great tune up big Al, and great driving Mr Edwards.

Obviously,I was pulling for the Mopars,mainly Allen Johnson.I think the Stratus is still 1 mph slower than the GM cars,hopefully the new Avenger will be able to make up that difference.

2 things - since when are sedans being allowed in pro stock and are there any pics of the new body?

"Since when"???

Since Gapp and Roush kicked everybody's ass with the ugliest Pro Stocker, EVER, "The Taxi"... a Maverick 4-door sedan way back in about 1977, or '78.... can't remember, but it was a long, long time ago.

Maybe you weren't watching Pro Stock back then, perhaps...

NHRA had a weight break given cars with a wheelbase longer than "X" number of inches, (110", maybe???) and the Maverick 4-door just fit the parameters, so.... Gapp and Roush's 351 Cleveland-powered compact took advantage of it.

But, rest assured, there WERE 4-doors in Pro Stock.

Lots of Australian Pro Stockers are 4-doors, or, have been, because I guess many Aussie manufacturers didn't MAKE a 2-door variant...

Anyway, this is not unprecedented, by any means; the "Taxi" was a killer...

Bill, in Conway, Arkansas

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back