Allen Johnson Losing Mopar? (1 Viewer)

Boy I hope it's not true, I always liked him and dad and Pro Stock can't afford losing top competitors in their class.

Enjoyed Pro Stock this year more than last few. Funny, I used to pick my driver based solely on car make. All racing. But I guess that's the difference in the 80's and 90's and today. Things change. AJ's going to be missed.

Elite collaborating with Mopar might not be as far fetched as we all might first think. Remember, Nick Ferri was working with Mopar Engines back when he was on the Jeg's engine program, after he parted ways with Mike Edwards. It's too bad that AJ might be on the trailer for the year, as the class needs more cars and drivers, not less.

Sounds like the NHRA might be seriously scrambling for entries in Pro Stock next year.

Roy is not a young man and I doubt Allen wants to race without him. Roy has raced Mopars since the late sixties that I know of. He always dreamed of racing pro stock and he did it with great success. Think there may be any connection between Roy/Allen exiting and Allen's good friend getting the Mopar deal?

I've said it before many times......

I'm a GM guy through and through. But if you're any kind of fan at all, regardless of your allegiance, you HAVE to have mad respect for the Johnson's and their commitment to the brand over the years. They struggled with that combination to the point that others would, and have bailed to the more proven GM combination. They flogged and flogged and got that operation to championship status, and I just love that.

Sean D

WOW...no one mentions the fact PS loses another team, when they cant fill fields now?!? My bad, I'm sure it was coming :)

Said it before, will say it again. I love pro stock but kill the class and make them run the factory cars. For every team you lose, you will gain 5. Flame away.

Exactly! Remember Roy just had back surgery also.He probably wants to retire and enjoy life.

Other rumor is Erica and Nobile in Mopar and Jeggie and Skillman in Bowties.

Isn`t Gas Monkey Garage running a Pro Stock, and Richard "Whats his name" doing Mopar commercials ?.........Sorry, just got some throw-up in my throat.

Isn`t Gas Monkey Garage running a Pro Stock, and Richard "Whats his name" doing Mopar commercials ?.........Sorry, just got some throw-up in my throat.

I think we all know that Gas Monkey just throws money at cars that have absolutely no chance of winning! Gas Monkey's biggest success at the track is at their merchandise trailer!

Why all the hate towards Gas Monkey? Even if you don't like the show, isn't cool that someone new is putting money into the sport, AND getting it more TV time? And I'd rather have money thrown at underdog teams that are trying to grow, wouldn't you?

RR cries about every cent he has to pay for a car, or loses at a crappy auto auction, but has $$$ millions at his disposal......why not fund a winning team? All it takes is cubic dollars and one of those up and comers...

gasmonkey.jpg

Just wildly speculating here, but I think with Roy's recent surgeries and the rule changes, they think now is the right time to move away from the sport. I know AJ recently got his pilot's license ... maybe they feel the time has come to do and enjoy other things rather than keep chasing that dragon that is Pro Stock racing. I will tip my cap to them and shake their hand and wish them well if this all comes to be.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back