Powerade back? (1 Viewer)

I had no idea it was Max's. I can't actually buy Mello Yello here in NY, but I can buy Vegas Fuel. They sponsored Steve I believe between 08 and 10 give or take. I cannot find a Photo of it anywhere.

Last edited:
I liked it best when "Full Throttle" was the sponsor! It fit NHRA drag racing! I'm only lukewarm about "Mellow Yellow." There is nothing mellow about this sport and you certainly can't be yellow and drive these beasts!

I was a Pepsi drinker.....lunch and dinner every day. Then I got sick and went into the hospital for 3 weeks. After coming out of a 5 day coma all I craved was a cup of ice water. I was so dry. They were worried about me aspirating it or it building up in my legs and limited my access to it. But it was life saving in my view....I know the nurses got tired of bringing it to me. I knew it would take 45 minutes so I would ask in advance. I would call a simple foam cup of ice "my little buddy".
And, lo and behold, once I was strong enough to order meals you can bet a water bottle or 2 was included in my menu requests.
Once I got out and could walk and then drive, I found I lost my taste for Pepsi and soft drinks. I was flabbergasted. Now, months later, I will have a can of Coke maybe once a day if that.

I have never had a Mello Yello or any of these power drinks, save for red and blue Powerade. And any craving for those went away with the soft drinks.

Last edited:
Soda is really a neat thing, especially diet. The lid was blown off 30 years ago that it is more than likely going to have adverse health effects and it is too easy to find soda to buy. I am just surprised from day 1 Mello Yello was branded for the sport. Mello Yello is never really ever on the minds of anyone. Full Throttle is theirs, but seeing how they own 50% of Monster I don't think they want to compete against themselves in a way. I am really surprised there was no change this off season with the new coke energy drink. It would not be competing again the aforementioned because it is coke taste with energy. One thing they are already doing wrong, charging more than Rockstar and Monster, but competing with high priced club of Red Bull, and NOS.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back