Powerade back? (1 Viewer)

Jer

Nitro Member
Noticed powerade stickers on the starting line and at end of track at interviews, most drivers were drinking powerade! Powerade def taste better than mello yello! Powerade on the way back for a sponsor??

From what I understand, Mello Yellow is really not marketed in Arizona. So in areas that Mello Yellow is hard to find, Powerade will be more prominent. The FC on display in the Mello Yellow display was wrapped with Powerade in Phoenix.

Mello Yello, I have never had one and you cannot find it in New York. PowerAde = Coke. Mello Yello = Coke. Monster = About 50% Coke. Not only the entire grandfathered deal that coke originally drew Rockstar and Vegas Fuel out, now I hear the rule no longer exists. NHRA just makes impossible demand on any deal they bring.

Hate to be negative about an NHRA sponsor but, I find Mellow Yellow and Powerade to be too sweet (and I associate Powerade with colonoscopy prep). Lots of good Coke products (I suppose these need marketing support) wish they'd rep one I like.

I asked for Mello Yello in Topeka at a Wendy's drive thorough, out of habit because that's what I usually order here at home. The girl taking orders could not make out what I was trying to say so she had me pull around. So I went around, and she asked again what I wanted to drink, and I said Mello Yello. She told me she's never ever heard of a drink called that, and they surely didn't have it. I was blown away.

........(and I associate Powerade with colonoscopy prep).......

this is really funny!, but soooo true......nice one jim!.....(age related humor) :D .......had no idea mello yello did not sell nationwide, especially in AZ market?
googled mello yello. top 6 marketing efforts by mello yello over the years. days of thunder and nascar involvment in 90's still get top billing. of the 6, nhra is mentioned 5th :rolleyes: good grief.

I've never had a Mello Yellow and don't think I care to either.

However, I do often drink Poweraide Zero (I buy them at Target) when I am working up a sweat. I'm diabetic. but still need the electrolytes.

If I could ever find it, I would like to try it. It's not in NY and I don't think I am going to buy a case on amazon.

Mello Yello, I have never had one and you cannot find it in New York. PowerAde = Coke. Mello Yello = Coke. Monster = About 50% Coke. Not only the entire grandfathered deal that coke originally drew Rockstar and Vegas Fuel out, now I hear the rule no longer exists. NHRA just makes impossible demand on any deal they bring.
Sure miss seeing Max Naylor out there in his VegasFuel PS.
75A1AB5C-364E-4438-AEB3-B893172C0ECD.jpeg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back