Mello Yello ? (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
I've been on a trip from TEXAS to California and looked for Mello Yello and found none !! But coming out of the Las Vegas national race they were giving out 2 cans to each person ........!
I finally stopped in a Family Dollar store in Nocona, Texas and they had cans ! I don't usually go into the dollar stores... Powerade was hard to find but not like MelloYello !!!

if NHRA wants more young fans , they should get Mountain Dew as a sponsor instead...that stuff is all over the place

but keep it away from John Force :D
on second thought, it's got a third of the caffeine of Monster Energy Drink, so keep him away from that!

When Powerade came in, you couldn't find it anywhere. NHRA threw a fit if you had Gatorade. At the third race, with Powerade as sponsor Coke had a truck loaded Coke products, where the teams could buy what they needed at a greatly reduced price.

Same here. I looked in a bunch of local places. I then called the local CC distributor and told the gal I was looking for M.Y. She put me on hold while she asked around. Couple minutes later, she came back on and said "try the local grocery stores." I said I did and that's why I'm calling.

Puts me back on hold and goes to ask again. Came back on and said to try Albertsons (a local chain). It's waaay across town, but I go.

4 twelve packs is what the store had on a shelf. 4. I bought one.

You can get Mello Yello all over the place in Oregon but before the NHRA sponsorship the Coke distributer wasn't selling it. I like it.

I think NHRA and Mello Yello are doing a great job of promoting the product. At Seattle last year, there were a couple young ladies handing out free, cold cans of Mello Yello as people exited the event. While that may seem insignificant, the result is, I now drink Mello Yello instead of Moutain Dew. I honestly never tried the stuff before (same with Papa Johns pizza) but if they're supporting my sport and put out a good product, I'm going to repay the favor.

Last edited:
We have it in the north Alabama area readily available. We do have a CC distributor here in town so that may help. At Indy last year they passed out MY Zero and got to say I understand why fans were instantly pitching them in the trash. The original is just fine though. I do wish the samples they give at the My display at the races used a colored cup of some kind other than clear. Every time I see them I think everyone's doing a drug test ;)

M.Y. was difficult to find at first but now just about everyone carries it in my area (Michigan). Never had an issue with PowerAde either as that was already everywhere.

M.Y. was difficult to find at first but now just about everyone carries it in my area (Michigan). Never had an issue with PowerAde either as that was already everywhere.

Completely off topic, but I heard the GM is laying off over 1000 workers in the Michigan. As if Michigan hasn't suffered enough with car manufacturers bailing from the area

Completely off topic, but I heard the GM is laying off over 1000 workers in the Michigan. As if Michigan hasn't suffered enough with car manufacturers bailing from the area

Yup but Ford is adding onto a plant and some other big manufacture is as well

What GM is doing is ending the 3rd shift at its Lansing Delta Township plant because one of the trucks built there, the GMC Acadia sport ute, will now be built in Spring Hill, Tennessee

Here is the kicker, When PowerAde was sponsoring, you would see it all over the place. But do you remember when NHRA mentioned in a commercial that they were releasing a Special Edition NHRA labeled PowerAde bottle? Anyone got one? I will bet the bank that NASCAR will be plastered all over their Monster products but Brittney won't get $hit for any label promotion on their cans. Why not just ditch the Mello Yello NHRA series and just make it the Papa Johns series? Hell they have spent more marketing time promoting them on anything that they show.

I tell you what, whenever I have Mello Yello it doesn't make me nauseous like Mountain Dew. So it has that going for it.

I haven't seen mellow yellow for sale in the last 35 or more years, in fact, the last time I seen mellow yellow anywhere, was on a Seinfeld Episode. :confused:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back