Mello Yello (1 Viewer)

Baron

Nitro Member
I have shopped recently in two Denver area super markets (Safeway and King Soopers - a Kroger affiliate). In neither store was there any Mello Yello on display. This despite a large sale display of other Coca Cola products just as shoppers enter the Safeway store.
Since I do not drink much soda any more, I did not notice this until recently. This is anecdotal, to be sure, but it is worrisome. If Coca Cola is expecting a sales uptick in that brand from their support of NHRA, it won't come if the product is not available in big stores.
Producing results is the primary task of marketers. I hope this one hasn't slipped through the cracks.
Ed

I have shopped recently in two Denver area super markets (Safeway and King Soopers - a Kroger affiliate). In neither store was there any Mello Yello on display. This despite a large sale display of other Coca Cola products just as shoppers enter the Safeway store.
Since I do not drink much soda any more, I did not notice this until recently. This is anecdotal, to be sure, but it is worrisome. If Coca Cola is expecting a sales uptick in that brand from their support of NHRA, it won't come if the product is not available in big stores.
Producing results is the primary task of marketers. I hope this one hasn't slipped through the cracks.
Ed

NHRA is a Joke to Coca-Cola. They started with Powerade, then moved them to Full Throttle, now Mello Yello. Next up NHRA is sponsored by Planet Wings because Hooters or Wild Wings won't touch them (despite their history with IHRA).

Ed

It was the same deal with PowerAde.

They gave out free samples of Mello Yello at the race... shot glass sized plastic cups. Couldn't they at least give up a can? Looked kinda funny with those chicks filling the shot cups at the dispenser and handing them out.

Guess that's the benefit of growing up in the southeast...been drinking Mello Yello since I was a kid (I remember when they were Kyle Petty's sponsor), and powerade is fairly prominent. Full Throttle...not so much.

Interestingly, when Mello Yello became the series sponsor, my kids were asking for it like crazy, instead of mountain dew; not that this does any good in regions where it's not readily available.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back