Mello Yello (1 Viewer)

Dragracer

Nitro Member
It's interesting now that Mello Yello has replaced Full Throttle you see more drivers actually drinking it during finish line interviews.
If Coca Cola really expects to see Mello Yello sales to increase they should get it into more stores. I have three "MAJOR" supermarkets close by and none of them carry Mello Yello. One did until last week but have taken it off the shelf. I asked the manager about it and he said it is up to the Coca Cola distributor what product is delivered to them and arranges the shelves.

When I went to Topeka, they gave discounts on tickets if you showed up with an empty Mello Yello bottle, which I thought was pretty cool...

It's interesting now that Mello Yello has replaced Full Throttle you see more drivers actually drinking it during finish line interviews.
If Coca Cola really expects to see Mello Yello sales to increase they should get it into more stores. I have three "MAJOR" supermarkets close by and none of them carry Mello Yello. One did until last week but have taken it off the shelf. I asked the manager about it and he said it is up to the Coca Cola distributor what product is delivered to them and arranges the shelves.

the store i work at (A&P) had it, and then they stopped it. Meanwhile I could get it at Hannaford.

Funny - Just this morning, I was at the Family Dollar and the Coca Cola guy was re-stocking Mello. As they just recently "remodeled" (using the word VERY loosely), I can't say they carried it before.

Pretty sure our Stop & Shop carries it.

I really WANT to try it but, I don't want to get "stuck" with 7 overly sweet leftovers. Any reviews?

Funny - Just this morning, I was at the Family Dollar and the Coca Cola guy was re-stocking Mello. As they just recently "remodeled" (using the word VERY loosely), I can't say they carried it before.

Pretty sure our Stop & Shop carries it.

I really WANT to try it but, I don't want to get "stuck" with 7 overly sweet leftovers. Any reviews?

Mountain Dew & Mello Yellow: One's a Pepsi product, the other Coca-Cola... Both are okay as mixers, k'dubs drinks both, whichever is cheaper this week at 7/11

d'kid

The one thing it has going for it is that the last time I had Mountain Dew it made me nauseous. At least Mello Yello taste good without doing that!

I don't drink much soda either, but at the onset of the new series sponsorship, I did a side-by-side comparison of Mello-Yello and Mtn. Dew. I found the Yello to be a lot less sweet and overall, a better drink. Not sure i could drink a whole bottle of Mtn. Dew.

I pretty much gave up pop a while back but like to grab one now and then to support the sport. They are hard to fine though.

My daughter did find one the other day and it had a coupon for $8 off a national event if you brought the can to the track.

Noticed a couple weeks ago at a local store here they had a Mello Yello / NHRA cooler shaped like a can with big drag tires on the side thought it was pretty cool to see that.. never saw a Powerade or Full Throttle one before......

and was talking to a buddy of mine in marketing.... and he made mention of the BIG push that Sun Drop has been getting lately.. in NASCAR and mostly in Indy Cars and some other road series.... makes you wonder if that was the reason for Coke to go with Mello Yello as title sponsor or not....

I'm sure Coca-Cola execs have their reasons, but I always thought attaching Donovan's "Mellow Yellow" to a television ad would work. Classic hits have a good track record in advertising. With the slow tempo, I'm sure it's a tough fit on paper, but I can imagine them showing extreme sports as the song plays, and after the rock climbs, wing suit jumps and quarter mile pulls, they show them pulling on a can of Mello Yello with the "quite rightly" part.

It's probably because of the song itself with all manner of interpretations (saffron, electrical bananas, 14 yr old girls....apparently, in his autobiography, he states it was about a yellow marital aid)

But hey, the GAP used it, and they did name the soda like the song...

Hope these stores pulling it from the valuable shelf-space of the soda aisle doesn't speak against the impact NHRA has had on the product.

I am trying to limit the amount of pop I drink too.
But, a few months ago I grabbed a 2 liter from Wal-Mart to try. It had been years since I had it. I really liked it. And my son loves it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back