Pontiac Gxp Photo (1 Viewer)

Those are some killer graphics!!! A big jump from Yates' normal schemes over his career.

The car looks good.

I am an Oakley guy through and through. But I may have to buy a pair of those glasses and sit them on the shelf just to say thanks for the support.

I was to busy trying to figure out if the roof line is that low or if the hood is just that high to notice.

First- GREAT paint!! Second- as big as the grille/ hood look, we know that it's an optical illusion and its probably as low as a normal PS front end.. That being said, the back end looks relatively lower and narrower compared to the front.. More teardrop engineering? ;)

Wow,
Wild graphics for the usually conservative Yates. I wonder if that is a Banshee design, it has a very killer red mater feel to it. Cool car. It kind of reminds me of the Stratus.

"...and the final racing product combines sleek, sporty, aerodynamic features that closely resemble the race car's Pontiac G6 GXP showroom counterpart."

Say what!?!?

Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful car and I'm confident it will haul butt. BUT... it doesn't look even remotely close to the street versions of the GXP I've seen.

Am I wrong?

Is the hood scoop above the roof line? The Cowl area seems to be getting higher and higher making the hood more convex from fender to fender. I think Dodge started this trend with there most recent rendition of the Stratus.

The body's are getting less like there "factory hot rod" roots.
We just call them Naturally aspirated Funny cars.

P/S to NA/FC

Awesome paint job !!!!!

Is the hood scoop above the roof line? The Cowl area seems to be getting higher and higher making the hood more convex from fender to fender. I think Dodge started this trend with there most recent rendition of the Stratus.

P/S to NA/FC

Awesome paint job !!!!!

Todd,
I've been calling them neutered floppers for years.... Great looking Dodge... I mean Chevy... Poncho?.... whatever... guess we'll just call them Funny Cars... Part II

But then, I can't tell them apart on the street either...

d'kid

Todd,
I've been calling them neutered floppers for years.... Great looking Dodge... I mean Chevy... Poncho?.... whatever... guess we'll just call them Funny Cars... Part II

But then, I can't tell them apart on the street either...

d'kid

buck-tooth Dodge???

The names are endless.
But it's a sponsored car and GM supports it. So I'm happy.

Maybe NHRA will turn more to NASCAR like the race schedule "play off's" and do what they did but change the name to "Car of the future" eveyone uses the same bodies and just put fancy stickers and fake lights to match the brand of cars... makes me wonder how long before this happens "Just to save $" for the smaller teams.

Chuck
PAE

P/S to NA/FC

Awesome paint job !!!!!

You're correct on all your points Todd. Great looking car, but the cab (roof line) looks exactly like a Stratus. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but this car (like the Stratus) shares very little with the production car.

Since Chevy and Dodge are getting back in the muscle car business I'd sure like to see NHRA take that opportunity to make these cars look like the production unit.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back