Pomona Weather (1 Viewer)

The current weather for Pomona is rain on Saturday and 30% light showers for Sunday. Typical Winternationals. Should change pro qualifying to 2 rounds on Friday and play Saturday by ear.
especially with the entry list as it is. They'll wait all day Saturday to run if it rains.

Dang it.
I have been planning for a while to go to the race.

*edit: just canceled my trip.😭 Dang it. The previous weekend was beautiful weather.

Last edited:
I remember the previous race (Finals) on Friday Q1 had a bunch of busted runs. Q2 was better but this race, has only 1 qual scheduled on Friday.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240321-160722.png
    Screenshot_20240321-160722.png
    218.2 KB · Views: 16
guessing the mountains are full of snow again this year? another classic pomona backdrop?

Attachments

• pomona3.jpg
    pomona3.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 25
hoping that some year soon we'll have a another venue with snowcapped background

Attachments

• DIA.jpg
    DIA.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 29
‘‘Twas very strange. Alcohol cars, fine, pro stock, fine, it just didn’t like nitro today. Cars left the line OK, nobody could get past about 400 feet. Well, only one funny car and about six top fuel cars could.

I remember the previous race (Finals) on Friday Q1 had a bunch of busted runs. Q2 was better but this race, has only 1 qual scheduled on Friday.
Rumor has it they prepped the track with 10W40 right before the fuel cars ran.

My guess is the field is already set and the finals will happen on Monday.

They might get a few rounds in on Sunday. One, maybe two, probably finish Monday. Tomorrow doesn’t look like a go at all. We will have to wait-and-see.

Some will say that a few cars ran pretty respectable times so 80% of the crew chiefs just guessed wrong. BS. The track was beyond ‘tricky’. I’d want my admission refunded.

Tonight was a shit show.

Yes, that was one of the worst 1st round of fuel qualifying we have seen in some time. What a disappointment. Very rare for Pomona, as it usually doesn't go south like that. Though it can get chilly at Pomona in the late afternoon, so I wonder if the track temp just got too low for most tune-ups. But I'm surprised more drivers didn't leg it out (especially Force) knowing this might be the only chance to get in the show.

Yes, that was one of the worst 1st round of fuel qualifying we have seen in some time. What a disappointment. Very rare for Pomona, as it usually doesn't go south like that. Though it can get chilly at Pomona in the late afternoon, so I wonder if the track temp just got too low for most tune-ups. But I'm surprised more drivers didn't leg it out (especially Force) knowing this might be the only chance to get in the show.
Track temp being too low wasn't the issue at all, the start of the funny car session track temp was 112. Force did try to leg it out and about ended up on his roof as he crossed the center line.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back