Pomona Pics.... (1 Viewer)

Nice ones, as usual, Joe!

Good seeing ya buddy- and we have another convert (Lisa is totally hooked!)... Cassie and I had a ball... Gonna miss you in Vegas

Great pics as always Joe. One minor correction, that is Hollyword Park, not Santa Anita. Easy way to tell, is that is the old Los Angeles Forum tucked in the back corner of the parking lot. Santa Anita is in Pasadena/Arcadia, and backs right up to the same San Gabriel Mountains that Pomona does.

I am kinda bummed I let the weather keep me away on Sunday.

Last edited:
Joe, you do as great a job as any I've seen on capturing the mood and the atmosphere of the event. Great job! I always look forward to your pictures.

Chris, let me get this straight. The temp was in the upper 50's, and you STAYED AWAY????????:eek:

That's shirtsleeve weather to me, man. :p

What a bunch of leakers........:rolleyes:

Joe, you do as great a job as any I've seen on capturing the mood and the atmosphere of the event. Great job! I always look forward to your pictures.

Chris, let me get this straight. The temp was in the upper 50's, and you STAYED AWAY????????:eek:

That's shirtsleeve weather to me, man. :p

What a bunch of leakers........:rolleyes:

It's a 3.5 hour drive there and back for me ... 50's to this desert rat is cold ... and the forecast wouldn't rule out rain.

Doing a quick cost/benefit analysis of 7 hours in the car + $60 ticket + $10 parking + $10 beer + $10 hot dogs + $80 or so in gas + cold with the possibility of being wet + have to be back in Vegas Monday AM for work no matter what = wait 4 weeks for Vegas 1 when they are here in my own backyard LOL.

Thanx man.
That brunette Harley Girl is soooooo lucky I didn't go. I would have been all over her. Would have taken her to Vegas for a 24 hour chapel wedding.

'Nother correction: That pic of the first sanctioned race is not Santa Ana, it's the very same parking lot you were standing in.

Thanx man.
That brunette Harley Girl is soooooo lucky I didn't go. I would have been all over her. Would have taken her to Vegas for a 24 hour chapel wedding.

'Nother correction: That pic of the first sanctioned race is not Santa Ana, it's the very same parking lot you were standing in.

Chuckle, chuckle... and people wonder why I call it "The Parking Lot"... it always will be to me... heck, it's only been the last 20 or so years they were able to leave the grandstands up... It's The Fairground's Parking lot... now Pappy's Place out Santa Anna (Orange County) was an Airport Runway...

d'kid

Hey Joe, where were you? I ran into Mike, Clarke and Jayne. That hail sure was strange on Sat but glad Q2 and Q3 went well. Nice pictures as usuall.

Thanx man.

Paul, I thought Santa Ana was the First Dragstrip in California?

Goleta was the first I think.

goleta2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Joe , as usual , it all good , hope to make it to Vegas 1 or something South before Chicago , in JULY ARGGGGHHH:cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back