Pomona Comments (1 Viewer)

so it was a very long day. but great racing and weather, believe it or not no oil downs all day. with no morning qualifying most of the teams didnt even open there trucks till maybe 11. better to be at the track than sitting at home.in-n-out had at least 10 food trucks and the prices were not bad.

The Legend guys did all right today.

When I saw only one qualifying session I thought twice about renewing NHRA.tv. And not having a night session doesn’t help. I wouldn’t travel across the country for a setup like that. Hope todays rounds go well and the tracks not too cold.

Couldn't sell enough seats on that side to justify hiring extra staff for concessions, security, etc. on that side, so they just close it and make everyone sit on one side

This is a real shame. We made the big trip to the Finals in 2014 and we loved those stands. Really close to the track and great views. Sad to see it shut down because of poor attendance. I'm hoping for a better crowd this weekend so that maybe they'll reopen them in the future.

Just got some information that this might be a really spectacular end to Pomona. Since it is always up in the air whether every Winternationals might be the last one NHRA has been making secret plans to have a T/F - F/C match race that will make records that can never be broken. The plan is to have Two JFR "Prock Rockets" with no rectrictions race at the end of the day. It will be Robert Height and Austin Prock in specially prepaired cars. There will be 98% NITRO with additives - any rear end gear - NO weight minimum - no header angle restrictions - no blower restrictions (overdrive or size) - unlimited engine size - no RPM limits and some special prototype tires that Goodyear has come up with. The main thing is they want the ET and Speed to possibly be somewhat matching numbers with both starting with 3:5X and 35X. According to my source Abril Uno this has been in the works for 3 months.

Last edited:
We out here! Beautiful day! Life is good!
20230401_100009.jpg

Roger, did you hear that from the same person that told you Bakersfield got a extra 30 thousand seats for last years March Meet in May?

Just got some information that this might be a really spectacular end to Pomona. Since it is always up in the air whether every Winternationals might be the last one NHRA has been making secret plans to have a T/F - F/C match race that will make records that can never be broken. The plan is to have Two JFR "Prock Rockets" with no rectrictions race at the end of the day. It will be Robert Height and Austin Prock in specially prepaired cars. There will be 98% NITRO with additives - any rear end gear - NO weight minimum - no header angle restrictions - no blower restrictions (overdrive or size) - unlimited engine size - no RPM limits and some special prototype tires that Goodyear has come up with. The main thing is they want the ET and Speed to possibly be somewhat matching numbers with both starting with 3:5X and 35X. According to my source Abril Uno this has been in the works for 3 months.
It is strange they season started somewhere else.

Paul, was that a Calfornia burrito? When my son was going through his Navy training at San Diego in 2016, he fell in love with Calfornia burritos. Whenever we visit him at his base in Mississippi, there is a local Mexican restaurant we go to and our son always orders one. I tried one and that was enough. French fries do not belong in a burrito!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back