Pomona Comments (2 Viewers)

Cliff

Nitro Member
OK, might as well start a Pomona deal here. Looking at Thur Q. Lots of the same entries from Wild Horse are in Pomona. Have to root for my Arizona folks, especially Robert Pond (Sedona) in that '64 Ford Fairlane T-Bolt. Love that car.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Legends/Nostalgia Funny Cars run, but I hope they don't screw up, try to rotate the earth, and oil the Pomona track. I understand this race is part of their series, so they are not just putting on a show exactly. Just keep the parts and the oil in the engine so the weekend show keeps moving. Best impression they could make on everyone is a whole lot of nice, strong, clean runs. And let's have some long, smokey burnouts to "Show-up" the Big Show cars.

I agree. For years at Pomona, there was one Fuel Q on Thu, one on Fri, and two on Sat. Then in recent years it was two on Fri and two on Sat. At least tomorrow I will be able to see two rounds of Top Alcohol qualifying, two rounds of Nostalgia/Legends Fuel FC, plus one round of Big Show Fuel Qualifying. So I should be able to get a decent Nitro fix.

wow, i didnt know there were only 1 pro qualifying on friday till i saw it on here. its going to be a long day going with friends we are getting there a 9.30, i dont think i would have said i would go if i knew this, but i looking forward to seeing the nostalgia cars run. weather looks great.

OK, might as well start a Pomona deal here. Looking at Thur Q. Lots of the same entries from Wild Horse are in Pomona. Have to root for my Arizona folks, especially Robert Pond (Sedona) in that '64 Ford Fairlane T-Bolt. Love that car.
Hopefully our guys/gals have a better weekend than this past weekend. Only finalist was Brandon Dolezal in Super Comp. Even though I am a Chevy guy Robert's Fairlane is pretty. He had a heads up final at Pomona a few years ago against Ryan McLanahan

Just asking, is this NHRA and Pro's way of - trying to save money for the teams or the cost of NHRA and tracks paying qualifying lap money ( if that exist, I don't know)? I do know some the tracks DO HAVE 4 rounds of qualifying and I think the track, I may be wrong, is responsible for the extra cost (lap money). Just wondering.

I haven't been to Pomona since 2008 but the one thing I liked about the race was the food vendor in the pits that sold meat loaf sandwiches on garlic bread. I wonder if he's still around? If anybody sees him there please let me know. Thanks in advance

Conspiracy incoming:

NHRA found out that only having one Q on Friday increases overall attendance, mainly Saturday.

Friday is a notoriously bad day for sporting events and entertainment. Friday is the end of the work week, and most folks just want to rest or go to the bar. Come Saturday; it is on. By artificially manipulating the supply, they have actually increased demand. The diehards will still come out Friday, but by having less of something, people start thinking well, I better go on Saturday or Sunday to get my fill. By having less supply, the remaining supply becomes more coveted and profitable.

This happened with many items during covid. Companies have seen the benefit of decreased supply and have continued to exploit it. A win for capitalism!

We have had two Saturday sellouts in a row. Not sure about Sunday at Gainesville, but I know Phoenix was sold out on Sunday. Will we see a sellout on Saturday at Pomono this weekend? Attendance has been poor there for years.

When I went to Wild Horse on Friday, it did turn out to be a loooong day. Having to wait until 5 PM for the Pros sucked. The good thing is that I could roam around without 5 gazillion people being around, like Sat & Sun. Wish Wild Horse had run alky, but I did get my alky fix at the Divisional a month before and that was a great race.

wow, i didnt know there were only 1 pro qualifying on friday till i saw it on here. its going to be a long day going with friends we are getting there a 9.30, i dont think i would have said i would go if i knew this, but i looking forward to seeing the nostalgia cars run. weather looks great.
Funny car is scheduled for 3pm. It shouldn't be to bad.

Just asking, is this NHRA and Pro's way of - trying to save money for the teams or the cost of NHRA and tracks paying qualifying lap money ( if that exist, I don't know)? I do know some the tracks DO HAVE 4 rounds of qualifying and I think the track, I may be wrong, is responsible for the extra cost (lap money). Just wondering.
I believe the track makes the call on Friday Q numbers. In the past alot of empty seats for Q1 in many locations so they choose not to do it. I think it would make the show better to have 4 qualifiers everywhere. Get some rubber down.

Why is the right side bleachers shut down? I thought this was a COVID thing at first but it looks permanent. Does it have to do with the airstrip?

Why is the right side bleachers shut down? I thought this was a COVID thing at first but it looks permanent. Does it have to do with the airstrip?
Couldn't sell enough seats on that side to justify hiring extra staff for concessions, security, etc. on that side, so they just close it and make everyone sit on one side

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back