Pomona and me (1 Viewer)

murf

Nitro Member
Fellow drag racing freaks, if there is going to be a nitromater meeting please keep me informed. I just recently found out that I have small cell lung cancer and will expire in a few months. I live in norcal but the times at the fairplex are among my best and favorite memories. If I can still fly, ox bottles and everything, and still can walk I want to be there more than anything. I will be going with my son and his fiance [ who both race fox bodies in northern Nevada] because I need their help to get around. Please keep me informed so maybe I can have one of my final cocktails with you good folks. Love Glenn

So sorry to hear this Glenn, thoughts and prayers are with you and hopefully miracles do indeed happen.

Try to be referred to Loma Linda University Hospital. Their Neutron therapy has saved two certain terminal friends of mine!

Doctors gave Me a handfull of month in April 2010, said I would make it to Christmas 2010 If chemo and radiation went as planned, three years later I'm on here sharing a little hope with you..............Come to Pomona, Cackle the top fuel car with Me..............Then you're drinks are on Me..........LF

Doctors gave Me a handfull of month in April 2010, said I would make it to Christmas 2010 If chemo and radiation went as planned, three years later I'm on here sharing a little hope with you..............Come to Pomona, Cackle the top fuel car with Me..............Then you're drinks are on Me..........LF
Thanks Larry, looking forward to meeting you. My email is murfwashere@ live.com

San Dimas off the 210 has reasonable hotels, and you will be going in/out of the Fairplex with little to no traffic unlike coming in from Ontario/the 10.

Thoughts and prayers with you Glenn. Lost my Dad to cancer in 1976 and he lived much longer than the doctors estimate. Still remember the doctor telling my mom that there was no medical reason this man should be alive---just shows you that God is still in control.

I hope you're still around Glenn.

It's Pomona time!!

California is in a drought and what better way to get it to rain than schedule an NHRA race! It's raining in CA today. We had a high of 89 degrees the other day. Now it's coool windy and rainy. Yep! Next Heavy Rain Area.

Road trip to Pomona time! Heck yeah! Gonna eat like a dufus and have a great time. Leaving in a few hours.

Well sad to there will be no Muldowney top fuel car at the Winternationals this year. W@e are saving the appearence for the 50th World Finals.
We'll be there Saturday and Sunday at the 1000 ft club, and around the cackle car area helping out.

Spent the day in the grandstands. Froze my frickin face off. Went and had steaming goat soup afterwards and am thawed out now.
Traditional Saturday morning breakfast burritos at El Merendero behind the tower. Gonna try for 8am.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back