Connie Cohen On Discovery Channel (1 Viewer)

marc

Nitro Member
NHRA PRO STOCK MOTORCYCLE RIDER CONNIE COHEN
WILL BE ON DISCOVERY CHANNEL - TV LISTING - MEAN GREEN MACHINES (DRAG BIKES)
MAY 10, 2008 @ 8:00 PM AND
MAY 11, 2008 @ 12:00 AM

PLEASE SUPPORT THE SHOW & PASS IT ON

SORRY FOR THE SHORT NOTICE, I WAS JUST INFORMED OF THE AIRING OF THE SHOW MY SELF

THANKS CONNIE COHEN
C.C. Rider Racing
Connie Cohen (Driver)
2006 AMDRAGS OUTLAW PRO STOCK CHAMPION
1/4 Mile - 7.12 sec. @ 188 MPH
P.O. Box 2743 - Bristol, CT 06011
cell 860-205-9454
CC Rider Racing

That was a pretty cool show. Marc, I loved your comment "we're here to beat the national record, not some guy on batteries." :p That thing does sound like an electric drill on steroids. Glad to see you and Connie getting some well-deserved exposure.

That electric bike was an interesting piece of equipment, however I doubt they will ever come close to running the ET and MPH of gas powered bikes!

believe it or not if it had more tire controls in the speed control it would goat least into the high sevens.bandamereonly allowed it to run in the right lane
because when it left the starting line it would rip up the rubber in one inch
chunks.

Great stuff for the team - Hope it results in dividends sooner than later.

Meantime, that electric bike is pretty amazing technology.

Personally, I've pooh-poohed a lot of this, so-called, green stuff - as guilt marketing. That is, getting people to spend big-bucks to feel better with poor value products.
I'm still skepticle but, maybe the technology is coming around.

BTW: Did anybody figure if that Chevy truck was the real deal?

Don't anyone kid yerselves, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Anyone does not believe it might as well buy stock in consolidated buggywhips............. if there is still time.......:)

Tesla Motors

REX

Don't anyone kid yerselves, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Anyone does not believe it might as well buy stock in consolidated buggywhips............. if there is still time.......:)

Tesla Motors

REX

Well, if we can separate "hype" and feel-good B.S. and outright fraud, we might be able to get away from our oil addiction.

No diss intended - Sherm B, but, recycling veggy oil seems less practical on a MASS BASIS than Corn-based Ethanol.

BTW: Did anyone see the Sugar Ethanol (vending machine processor) on Geraldo's show on FOC Cable last night. Now THAT one smelled like the fraud in the Dick Tracy comics - where they put a midget in a machine and had him repair your shoes (that's a quaint notion). Mark me down as skeptical that one can liberate enough energy from a few pounds of sugar to run your car for a day.

PS: I'm giving SEROIUS consderation to converting my Classic GMC Motorhome to LPG. Seems deceptively simple (ca $2,500.), North American fuel source and the economics seem to work out.

Last edited:
Well, if we can separate "hype" and feel-good B.S. and outright fraud, we might be able to get away from our oil addiction.

No diss intended - Sherm B, but, recycling veggy oil seems less practical on a MASS BASIS than Corn-based Ethanol.

BTW: Did anyone see the Sugar Ethanol (vending machine processor) on Geraldo's show on FOC Cable last night. Now THAT one smelled like the fraud in the Dick Tracy comics - where they put a midget in a machine and had him repair your shoes (that's a quaint notion). Mark me down as skeptical that one can liberate enough energy from a few pounds of sugar to run your car for a day.

PS: I'm giving SEROIUS consderation to converting my Classic GMC Motorhome to LPG. Seems deceptively simple (ca $2,500.), North American fuel source and the economics seem to work out.

Anyone who thinks this economy can survive for even a week without Oil is either Stupid or dumb or both! Without the 18 wheelers on the road transporting EVERYTHING we consume to the marketplace, this country would come to a standstill in about 3-4 days!:confused: And Ethanol is just as big of a scam is anything else, these environmentalists wackos think they always know how they're going to save this planet. And all they ever do is screw it up even more! Food prices are at all time highs because they think putting corn in gas tanks was somehow going to lower the price of oil by $40 a barrel! I guess it didn't work did it?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

As we are here in time (2008), We cannot see nor understand the technology that will exist in 20 or even 10 years from now.
I am 52, and I'll bet that before I hang up my keys for good, I will be driving a electric vehicle.

I never mentioned ethanol, its nonsense.

I do see the future in battery powered vehicles, I have a friend that works for a local heavy equipment battery manufacturer, and he told me some "shocking":eek: stuff is coming down the road even now.

I for one would not mind at all being able to pass the gas station and never look back.

I also did hear recently that ol' Algore is getting some flack for his insistence concerning global warming.

Seems people are getting a bit tired of his whining and beginning to question the validity of the argument for.

I believe conservation of every resource we have at our disposal is a good idea.

Hysteria over what "might" happen, is not.

REX

Maybe someone can enlighten me on the 20+ different blends of GAS.. either the State or the Government requires different mixtures of gas for different areas.. example at high altitudes (Denver, etc you need one type of mixture, in NY another type. and in Ca. the tree hugger's want some other type of additive.. it goes on & on..you need winter gas, & Summer gas...

Then we have the "Great Senator" (Mass) who wants us to use electric power, but DON'T put wind mills in Narragansett sound because it will spoil the clean "Look of Nature" from his Hyannis Port Mansion..

And bottom line back in the 60's we had regular, & hi Test! no matter where you drove... I was told (Do not know how true it is) that we pay an extra .30 per gallon just to have the gas Co. mix all the different blends...

Am I anywhere near correct ?

Maybe someone can enlighten me on the 20+ different blends of GAS.. either the State or the Government requires different mixtures of gas for different areas.. example at high altitudes (Denver, etc you need one type of mixture, in NY another type. and in Ca. the tree hugger's want some other type of additive.. it goes on & on..you need winter gas, & Summer gas...

Then we have the "Great Senator" (Mass) who wants us to use electric power, but DON'T put wind mills in Narragansett sound because it will spoil the clean "Look of Nature" from his Hyannis Port Mansion..

And bottom line back in the 60's we had regular, & hi Test! no matter where you drove... I was told (Do not know how true it is) that we pay an extra .30 per gallon just to have the gas Co. mix all the different blends...

Am I anywhere near correct ?

Yes you are John.
And all these different blends are responsible for regional shortages that causes prices to go up. That also is the reason fuel prices are higher in some areas than others, even when accounting for differences in local taxes.

And how 'bout that water washing of diesel!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back