POLL - YOUR PREFERENCE ON SLOWING NITRO CARS (1 Viewer)

HOW WOULD YOU RATHER SEE NITRO CLASSES SLOWED

• SLOW THE CARS & STAY @ 1,000ft

Votes: 26 100.0%
  • LEAVE THE CARS ALONE & SHORTEN THE DISTANCE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I loved reading the Garlits interview, but frankly, he's living nostalgic fuel racing. Do we as fans really want to see 285mph fuel cars just to say that the little guy can complete? Just to say that they run a quarter mile?

That ship has long sailed from NHRA Big Show racing. The new TV package is what is needed to bring the sport to the next professional level. But when that does happen, when bigger sponsorships come in, so will the Gannasi's, Roush's and Hendricks'.

Smaller fuel tanks is a horrible idea. "Why don't we go blow up a couple of race cars so we can teach these crew chiefs how to race? "

Racing with no VHT is also a horrible idea. Fans don't want to watch a bunch of up in smoke passes. Think about it, all of the hot, slippery tracks all summer produce less than ideal racing, not good side by side passes.

Jim O has the right solution. Limit the size of the intake valves and everything else falls in place.

Cars are blowing up now, even in the nostalgia ranks with way smaller pumps/using less fuel. It is what nitro does. There will always be a learning curve for any new rules package that will lead to parts attrition, but these guys always figure it out.

I agree that "no prep" tracks do not sound like very much fun for fans.

I am intrigued by the intake valve idea. If you reduce the size of the valve, you're reducing the fuel that gets into the motor, so they will have to slow the pumps down.

I am noticing a theme with the pumps

Again, I am not endorsing any of these ideas as I personally feel that NHRA is not going to anything as drastic as discussed in this thread, but it does make for some fun "what if" scenarios.

In my opinion there is no change that slows the cars down that won't result in a transistion period. During that period there will be damaged parts and motor explosions. You either do something to slow the cars down and live thru the transistion or drop any idea of slowing down. I'm sure many have a different opinion

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back