Polar Plunge for Special Olympics (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
As many of you know, I am proud to serve as a coach and the Assistant Area Director for Livingston County Special Olympics. It is a tremendous organizing that gives people with intellectual disabilities something that we all desire.....an opportunity.

We offer an opportunity to achieve, to succeed, to compete, to strive for a goal, to win and to be a part of a team. While we use sports and competition as our main teaching tools, the skills learned not only help our athletes within the sports world but they are then able to translate them to school, work and into the greater community. If their goal is to be able to complete a 100 yard dash on the track or learn how to work in a team atmosphere that will help on the job, we provide it all.

I need your help to raise the funds that we need to provide 15 sports in our year round program. We survive entirely on donations and the Polar Plunge is one of our biggest fundraisers of the year.
This will be the 10th year since we brought the polar plunge to our program. I have a bit of a crazy history with outfits and while this year’s costume is still in the works, I am always open to suggestions and of course, for the right donation, can be made to wear just about anything.

I can’t thank you enough for your help. If you would rather donate by cash please let me know. Checks can be made out to Livingston County Special Olympics.

On a final note, even if you do not donate or plunge there is a small favor that you can do. It is Special Olympics goal, and a huge one for me personally, to see the “R” word no longer used.
It really is a bully word that demeans people who are not as able to fight back. I won’t bore you with the history or examples but having a brother with special needs and seeing the pain that this word causes hits home and I hope that you would at least consider not using it. I know some will consider it overly PC but I consider it just being civilized and kind to each other.
http://www.r-word.org/

My donation page: https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/pj-sapienza/Brighton15

We are always looking for more people to plunge so if you, or anyone else you know, would like to sign up to take the plunge please go here Special Olympics Michigan: 2015 Brighton Polar Plunge

Thanks
PJ

PJ -
Changing the world by fighting stereotypes and encouraging achievement .

Thank You for everything you do !

Last edited:
Thanks Ray, not sure about changing the world but at least trying to make some noise :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back