Please NHRA, try it just once. (1 Viewer)

sammi

Nitro Member
The camera doesn't lie and the crowds(maybe not the best word) were light in Vegas.

PLEASE pick a race and charge $10 a head with no parking charges. Just to see if a HUGE crowd looks better on TV and your food and tshirt vendors can sell a few hot dogs....PLEASE, just one time.

I have to go back and make sure, but I could have swore the stands looked packed for round 1 of the fuel cars.

They showed a shot from the boxes above the stands looking down towards the track, and it looked pretty bare to me. Maybe it was just that secton.

Yes it did look a little light the last quarter of the stands.
Hmmm..maybe the fans stayed home thinking they could see 4-wide if they wait for fall race. :p:p (sorry could'nt resist) lol.

Only time I noticed it was when the Pro Stockers were running. ('Tho that MIGHT have been the qualifying show. It was quite noticible from the fuel to pro stock.)

It's time for a $20 seat to fill the tracks, prospective sponsors see that the stands are half full and wonder what type of ROI they're really getting and if they truely want to be involved in the sport.
All military personnel should be give a free pass for the weekend and they should put family packs together to help bring in the kids that parents are currently paying top dollar for.
Just one opinion

It's time for a $20 seat to fill the tracks, prospective sponsors see that the stands are half full and wonder what type of ROI they're really getting and if they truely want to be involved in the sport.
All military personnel should be give a free pass for the weekend and they should put family packs together to help bring in the kids that parents are currently paying top dollar for.
Just one opinion

Excellent idea.

The less the seat= more spectators= more to spend at the concessions and nitro mall. Volume.

Win win

REX

I've seen this a Million times, First round will be Jamm packed near the starting line where I usually sit. 2nd round on you might see 60-70% of the crowds in the seats! People love the freedom of walking around, plus if it's hot like it was this weekend....Those concrete bleachers in Vegas get really Hot!!!! And if they ever get a Blimp shot of the crowd, it had better not be after the Fuel cars run, or it will look like a ghost town!

Just one opinion

Makes sense to everyone but NHRA, as long as the Bottom line is met they don't care what those stands look like!

I'm still staring at the banner on this thread as we speak.................Four Packs for the 4 Wide Charlotte, 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs and 4 cokes for $99.00. That's $24.75 per person:eek:

What I noticed watching it on TV yesterday was it didn't look to be four deep along the fences on the GA side of the track like it was last spring.
When I was at the April race last year the whole place was packed.
But, if the weather was warmer as Joe indicated (and looking up the weather over the weekend, it was) than last year I can totally understand. If it was in the 80s instead of the upper 60s/low 70s like last year then I wouldn't want to be standing still, either. That Vegas sun can really beat down on you...

Of course, last year the seats were offered at a reduced rate if purchased by a certain date. I got myself three day tickets and my husband a Sunday ticket for about $90 when I purchased over the phone in early March. When I went to the Vegas 2 race in 2006, I paid twice that for the same tickets.

Hmm. Makes me wonder what the prices will be this year at my home track... my daughter will be eight months old and she's coming with me so I don't think I'll be doing much working toting her around. That means I'm going to have to buy tickets. For the first time ever at the Seattle race. *gasp*

It would be nice to see reduced pricing for other races this season ... just because the "recession" (or whatever you wish to call it) is more or less over doesn't mean people's wallets aren't still hurting or at least stinging a bit.

It would be nice to see reduced pricing for other races this season ... just because the "recession" (or whatever you wish to call it) is more or less over doesn't mean people's wallets aren't still hurting or at least stinging a bit.

OVER???

You must be one of the 235 peolple reading Newsweek Magazine!!

I hate to be negative but, HELLO - It ain't over!

when we have this race in April and the race in October, NHRA is competing HEAD TO HEAD with the PBR and RODEO FOLKS.

Look at last October's Fan Fest on Fremont St. On the West Side, PBR... PACKED!!!! On the East Side... NHRA... not so packed.

I often wonder what the attendance figures would be like if Vegas 1 & 2 did not compete with the Rodeo for that all mighty entertainment $$$$

OVER???

You must be one of the 235 peolple reading Newsweek Magazine!!

I hate to be negative but, HELLO - It ain't over!

Not to get off on a tangent, but, the recession itself has more or less been declared over and no, I didn't read that in Newsweek. Recovery, however, from the the recession/depression/economic slowdown or whatever the so-called experts are calling it this week is going to take a long time.

Not disagreeing with you, simply clarifying what I said ... yes, the economy is still an issue, however you describe its current state. No need to split hairs or argue semantics. :)

And Joe is right, the economy in Vegas has been hit particularly hard, something I observed while I was there last year.

Which is a good reason why some kind of deal for races should be developed. It sucks that something we all love so well is becoming even more cost prohibitive especially for folks for whom it hasn't been in the past.

I doubt many PBR fans are into Drag racing, I think the Vegas economy as a whole plays into this!

hmm? BEER....GOOD LOOKING WOMEN IN JEANS....EXCITEMENT....HORSEPOWER... JON ASHER... RODEO AND DRAG RACING DON'T DRAW THE SAME???? ARE YOU ****TING ME JOE? :eek:

When My mom was talking to people at her work on Thursday, the majority of them had plans to attend the RODEO instead of the Races. Most said, if they didn't have to chose during the same weekend, they'd go to both. This is simply a HUGE law firm in Vegas, but wondering how much of an impact having both events at the same time effects the 'drags'...

There are SEVERAL ways to improve attendance for Vegas races which have not been explored yet by 'the powers that be'. We're working on some cool HOTEL Promo's for next year with some of our clients. And it's real cheap to market it for all parties.

I have never missed a National Event at Vegas, it was the smallest crowd I have ever seen. Last year for the April race, they had "fan relief" tickets for $15 per day, but you had to buy them at least 2 weeks in advance. I say make them $15 in advance, $20 at the door.

AND ... Vegas is one fo the few remaining tracks with no time/noise restrictions ... HAVE A DAMMED NIGHT SESSION ON FRIDAY OR SATURDAY. Was home by 6pm both days ... just didn't seem right ... Instead all we got to see was heat of the day runs ... not representative runs of what the cars or track are capable of.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back