photo editing (1 Viewer)

G'ginna

Nitro Member
I have a problem... the computer I have used for years was the computer that I did a ton of design work and photo editing on. The problem is that it is having serious issues and I don't think I can depend on it to not lose information (yes, I back everything up.) I am needing to move everything to my newer computer. My problem is that one of the programs I was using and really like is no longer available and XP compatibility seems to be an issue. Is there a way to load it and get it to work or am I going to have to pry open my checkbook and buy newer software?

I have illustrator... but I really like certain features of micrografx and would go back and forth between them depending on what I needed to do. Are any of you familiar with some of the other software and what do you like, not like about them?

Please help?

I have a problem... the computer I have used for years was the computer that I did a ton of design work and photo editing on. The problem is that it is having serious issues and I don't think I can depend on it to not lose information (yes, I back everything up.) I am needing to move everything to my newer computer. My problem is that one of the programs I was using and really like is no longer available and XP compatibility seems to be an issue. Is there a way to load it and get it to work or am I going to have to pry open my checkbook and buy newer software?

I have illustrator... but I really like certain features of micrografx and would go back and forth between them depending on what I needed to do. Are any of you familiar with some of the other software and what do you like, not like about them?

Please help?

Georginna, try goggling the software you would like to keep using and there may be a forum you can get the info you need.

I would give her the advice that she seeks but, this is so easy and beneath me that, I'm going to let Samuel get it! :D

BTW, I can relate to backing everything up, too. Whew! :D The biscuits and gravy at a certain truckstop on my way home each week seems to help with that. :D

Micrografx last update was in 2001..shortly after it was purchased by Corel..and appears to have been somewhat abandoned.

Whatever Happened To... Picture Publisher

Corel likes to buy the competition..as they did with Paint Shop Pro..which is what I like.

I have a couple year old version of Paint Shop..I call it the working man's Photoshop.

PM me if you'd like to give that a try.

My brother called on his way to the airport, and I could tell he was amused.

okay everyone... your going to laugh... apparently I inhaled too much fluff-n-dry or something because I forgot a very simple step when loading software... and I NEVER used to forget this and was reminded when my brother asked... "did you remember to turn of the anti-virus and anti-spyware progs when you were loading your software?" :eek: He asked because he knows I have a habit of loading the CD's clicking ok, accept, etc., and walking off until it's done.

SO, with massive amounts of red-face, I 'fess my crime. :rolleyes:

Thank you for your help! and my old program is loaded and functioning on my newer computer. :D:eek:

Cool....my offer in your PM still stands..if you ever want to try something different.

Good job..and no need for the red face..glad it worked.

Really???;)

I suggest you KICK THE COMPUTER! It always works for me!

That reminds me of my first computer... I got a lemon. To top it off, the company I bought it from went out of business shortly afterwards... The thing went through 3 hard drives, 2 dvd drives, 2 sound cards and 2 video cards all while still under warranty. It was so bad that at one point I was told by the tech on the phone that if I had to call back, I should ask to escalate right then. The guy was really nice and we joked about the fact that if I could find a way to drive my truck & be standing in the back at the same time I would drop-kick it off while moving....

Well, of course, less than a month later, I had to call back, same issues (one of the worst hard drives in history for one.) The tech I was speaking with told me I was lying when I told him that and said I was a stupid B!%$# that didn't know what I was talking about... Most anyone who knows me knows that calling me stupid and meaning it will tick me off... so will calling me the other word... by combining them he found that I have a temper. BAD one... I told him that if his company was so hot that they wouldn't have released this piece of dog poop (I used another word) to the public and expect their reputation to stay intact.

Then I hung up on him, called the BBB to find out how to file a complaint. Then I called my brother. A day later I had one of his corporate buyers passes to Comdex that was the following week. Guess where I went?

You guessed it, their display, one of the larger ones. Then I started talking to people... and when I had to I got loud, and louder about how they sold corrupt goods and didn't stand behind their product. Finally someone came running out from a little sales/conference room they had set up and started talking WITH me instead of at me. He made a couple calls and I was told that I could take the computer to whatever tech I wanted and the entire inner workings would be replaced with my preferences. I didn't have any more problems with that computer for many YEARS after that...

Oh yeah, and that guy that called me that name? I was told that issue would be taken care of too.
:eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back