Pass Time on Speed tv (1 Viewer)

tv-1.gif

I'll be able to say I met Mike before he became a famous TV star.
Now when I call Mike I will probably have to go through his agent to get to talk to him.:D

Last edited:
I watched the 100th show in Las Vegas last night awesome show, had Mike Neff for final pass made it to the 60 ft and spun tires. I would say the track probably wasn't prep for Nitro Cars. I watched it a few times when it first came on but lost interest because of quality of cars. Since Mike said he was going to be on I started watching again and I'm really impressed with the high quality of cars they're getting on. Got my DVR set for every evening. :cool:

The quality comes and goes. they play a lot of rer-runs. One show, I think from Atlanta Dragway, featured a local "fast car" type of club, and the cars were indeed blazing fast. I remember a yellow '55 Chevy that was supposedly all steel that pulled the front wheels and ran what I believe was a high 9 second et.

Wowzers

Other times, the cars are an absolute joke, including drivers who've never been down the strip in their life. One recently I remember was a Jeep soft top. They asked him if he'd ever been down the strip before, and the driver said he races it all the time. When asked if he'd anything to say to the folks back home he said "Hi Honey. Don't worry, I'll be careful!" he then proceeded to roll the thing onto the side. So, in addition to having the chance to look good on national TV, you also have the opportunity to embarass the hell out of yourself! :D

I'm pretty certain the show's producers throw them in there to keep the contestants "honest."

Strip conditions vary. Sometimes it's obvious it's quite late at night, cool and damp, and the strip won't hold fast cars.

Last edited:
They posted a schedule, my episode will be Apr 4th.

Write down your own guesses, given the same amount of time and info we had, and post up how you dd.

I honestly don't remember what I guessed on any of these cars. It'll be interesting to do it again and see what I say now, in the comfort of of my own couch vs tv cameras and bright lights and pressure.

They posted a schedule, my episode will be Apr 4th.

Write down your own guesses, given the same amount of time and info we had, and post up how you dd.

I honestly don't remember what I guessed on any of these cars. It'll be interesting to do it again and see what I say now, in the comfort of of my own couch vs tv cameras and bright lights and pressure.
Dude, you are like an ice man under pressure. I bet the only pressure you had was standing next to Paige. :D

Last edited:
Watching the episode right now!
Nice 60 foot, Mike, but after that, the performance fell off. :p

Man, I did terrible!...didn't even come close on anything:eek:

Looks like it was fun, thanks for keeping us posted on the air date Mike!

You looked good Mike.

Man, Ken Herring's getting tougher and tougher to beat as the show goes on, doesn't he?

That yellow Mustang sure did leave a lot of smoke after the burnout that just refused to go away. The air must have been dead calm, eh?

How long does it take to tape a half hour show?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back