Pass Time on Speed tv (1 Viewer)

So how do they go about filming the show? Who do they pick the cars that run? Do they film it during the week (so they dont interupt the normal racing)....do they come in early and scout the cars making passes to pick the cars? Watch the show all the time and wonder how the whole thing goes down.

At the Belle Rose race, they filmed Saturday(4 shows), Sunday(3 shows), and Monday(3 shows). They pick 10 cars a show. They needed 100 cars and 250+ showed up so you had a lot of upset racers that had been out there since Friday night. You would put your car out to show at around 12:00n and they would walk around and pick until 5pm. During the time they are there, no cars go down the track except for the show. They will ask very few question unless they are looking for theme cars. My friend got picked for the parachute theme. They picked 40 cars Saturday so if you did not make those shows, you put your car up until Sunday at noon the show it again. On Sunday they picked 70 cars(saving you the trouble of waiting on Monday. They don't start filming until dark so it would be around 8:30pm before getting started. First they line you up in run order, then they film the inside, underhood, and all outside of the car with some shots of the driver standing beside it. After that they put the camera in the car and you wait your turn to get to walk with Paige. The only thing that was bad(besides waiting for a couple of days to shoot for 30 minutes of fame) that by the time the last show started, it was very humid so alot of high horsepower cars kind of slipped and slide on the track. I think one of the shows didn't finished filming until 3am. We were on the first show Monday night with Erica Enders(Rickie was the second show that night) and the guy from the new show on Speed(the car show with Adam). Also they don't tell you when your show is gonna air, at least they didn't tell us.
If you catch that show look for the "Funky Monkey" el camino. I know it aired once because it was use to promote the Car Show which aired the next day.
I set my friend up to do a sorry burnout that I am still hearing about.:)
Mike Dusinski, please ask them if they enjoyed filming in Belle Rose. Let me just say they know how to party.

Last edited:
Cool stuff, I wondered how they did the show. I did see the one with your freind. It seems fairly common that the higher horsepower cars (especially full body) tend to get LOOSE often with the occasional wreck. Anyhow, it's a good show and about the only way to see regular "bracket" type cars on TV (too bad).

Heck there was a company that used to film the local big money bracket races in the late 80's here, I still have 3 of them and I kick them in and watch it all the time. I like the old cars (including our old school dragster) and how "rough" everthing was when everybody used to build all their own stuff using factory or salvage yard stuff (no "new blocks", no haulers and motors worth more than a house). Also like to see how freaking CLOSE the racing was even without electronics, air shifters, and the like (dont get me wrong I have no problems with any of the electronics and my current car has them).

On a final note, the show with Adam on Speed is good, the first two episodes were really good (the third not as much) and along with "Top Gear" makes for a good little DVR motorsports week (Trucks!, Horsepower, Muscle Car, Xtreme 4x4, Top Gear, Pass Time, The Car Show).

They don't show everything. Because of time and editing I think. Adam was pissed because my friend car had a parachute and he picked 9 something as a time. Well he ran 10:14@146mph. 60' was 1.62 because of tire spin caused by bad burnout and spin on 2nd gear shift. He said he thought of getting out but since he have no common sense he stayed in it. After he ran, Adam went on a rant about him having a chute so he should have ran 9:60(or whatever time he picked). It was funny but they did not use it on the show. I wished they would film earlier. I know of 5 cars that night that said they would not run it all out because of the humidity on the track.
Also I love big money bracket races too. They have on coming up here in a couple of weeks that we may run or watch. The packages these guys come up with on a consistent basis is amazing.

Last edited:
Congrats Mike , I like the show , I watch it when on the road , Comcast here in Northern IL. does not carry speed channel , I ask for it but you know how it goes , see you in Indy for 3 days of Nitro mayhem ,

Kevin :cool:

They don't show everything. Because of time and editing I think. Adam was pissed because my friend car had a parachute and he picked 9 something as a time. Well he ran 10:14@146mph. 60' was 1.62 because of tire spin caused by bad burnout and spin on 2nd gear shift. He said he thought of getting out but since he have no common sense he stayed in it. After he ran, Adam went on a rant about him having a chute so he should have ran 9:60(or whatever time he picked). It was funny but they did not use it on the show. I wished they would film earlier. I know of 5 cars that night that said they would not run it all out because of the humidity on the track.
Also I love big money bracket races too. They have on coming up here in a couple of weeks that we may run or watch. The packages these guys come up with on a consistent basis is amazing.
They had the same problem when they filmed the same weekend as the National event in Las Vegas. They would film until about 2:00am and the track would be so slick that the alcohol funny cars would just spin.

Mike I think that you will have a blast. If you need any pointers just ask Hopsing over at Forces. He did it in Vegas. Nick, and I arrived Sunday night in Indy. We wish you could have been with us. We havn't really done much except goof off since we got here. We went to the pitstop in Brownsburg for lunch Mon, and then went over to the Lucas shop for a while, then we shot the breeze with Scott Palmer, and Frank Manzo over at the Al-Anabi shop before we parked at the track. Call me and let me know what time you will be here on Wed. If you get here early enough then maybe we will go to one of the racer bars for dinner. You will like our pit spot. We are between Bernstein, and Zizzo. It will be crowded though because Force is back to back to us. Cya Buddy.:)

Last edited:
thanks for the pit location Eugene , Andrew and i will be down friday nite

adult beverages??? Andrew can drive

C YA This week end

kevin
:D

My favorite show ! When I retire I will try to enter car and as contestant .
Don't have the time working the way I do .

The show accually really helps me size up the compatition at the track.
Someone always wanting to race and most of the cars won't show their times !
It's a fun show and I'm extremely happy it got renewed !
Heard Brett on Racers Reunion last week announcing ten shows to be done at Milan !
Jeez they only have to do shows at 3 or 4 tracks to fill a season !

It's pretty interesting the way some of those drivers get uber-cagey when talking about their cars.

I remember one guy who had a Ford truck that he described as the wife's "grocery getter."

After a pretty convincing burnout, Brett looked right at the camera and said "GROCERY GETTER MY HIND END!!!"

The looks on Ken and the contestants faces when a car pulls up and purges a 250 shot of NOS after they fail to ask about it is priceless ! And it happens quite often ! :D

Congrats, Mike, that's too cool:cool:
One of the few shows I watch on a semi-regular basis. Have a blast!

Had a GREAT time this weekend! A once in a lifetime experience.

I jumped out to the early lead after winning the first two rounds, then Ken got on his game and smoked us both.

I'll be honest, it's much easier to play sitting on the couch. I was a bit nervous when the time came to stand behind the podium. The bright lights and camera crews were a reality check. It was hard to focus, with everything else going on around you. Either way it was fun as hell :D

They said the show will air some time in Feb, not sure of the date yet.

Here are some pics the wife took during the taping

Pass Time | Facebook

Glad you had a good time, looking forward to seeing the episode! Thanks for the link to the pics, too!

I signed up for Pass Time a few weeks ago, I don't know if being a "Racer" is a must to challenge Ken as I am one who either works behind a camera or microphone and I feel I can win.

I love the show and I'm really glad it survived ! Rich's Indoor Drag Racing doesn't sound like it will go over very big !

Milan episodes start airing on Feb 29th.

tv-1.gif

I'll be able to say I met Mike before he became a famous TV star.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back