OUT WITH THE VETERAN AND IN WITH THE ROOKIE: DANIEL REPLACES TIM WILKERSON FOR 2024 (1 Viewer)

Very happy for Dan, I cannot imagine we will never see Tim drive again, though. Either way nice move

I can't help but wonder when we'll be on here talking about John Force retiring from driving. It's not that I think he SHOULD...he's still a massive crowd draw, a fiercely competitive driver, still has that burning desire to be out there racing - and he's still damn good. But unfortunately time marches on. There has to be a time in the not too distant future when his sponsors call him in to tell him "John...you're still a racing star but you're in your mid 70s...we have to be thinking about getting some youth butt in the seat...

God bless the Wilkersons. Nicest group of people you'll ever find in professional drag racing and a perennial crowd favorite. All the best to young Daniel.
As soon as he crosses the centerline the first time this season.

or runs into the back of a competitor.
I believe Force is already having issues with his eyesight, something to be expected from anyone 74 years old. A couple of years back after a 338mph Friday night qualifying pass at the 'Plex, he mentioned during a track-end interview how hard it was getting for him to clearly see what he was doing at night at those speeds in a car full of clutch dust. Uhh, yeah...no kidding. I wouldn't care to drive 100mph at night on an interstate highway. I can't imagine trying to hang on to a 10,000hp nitro funny car at nearly 340mph under the same conditions. That's quite a feat even for a much younger person.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back