Old Friends, not bookends. (1 Viewer)

downtime

Nitro Member
Early in December I sent an email to an old friend of mine. He and I had roomed together in high school for two years and for our senior year we both became proctors in an underclass dorm. He was from Chicago and spend many holidays with my famil,y for a few years. When I went to college in Wisconsin I spend Thanksgiving in 1978 with him and his father and we have had no communication since then.

I have no idea why I emailed him but it was a short "happy Holiday" type email and as he and I were always good at procrqastinating I figured if I received a response within a decade or so then all would be good.

I heard from him yesterday, just as if no time had passed, and we caught up on the last 28 years or so...

When I next go to New York City to visit my brother we will all get together as that is where my buddy now lives.

My wife was flabbergasted that two people can go so long without speaking and start right back up where they left off in terms of understanding how each other thinks and acts.

I just thought I'd share as you never know when you will be hit by a bus and if that happens you may have procrastinated too long before doing some of the things you think about.

I've done the same thing lately with some old friends......

Yes, it's easy just to pick up where you left off and you never run out of things to catch up on. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back