Ok It's time. Who is going to BIR??!!?? Also- "Best of" pics from last year!! (1 Viewer)

I was told that most people in the Zoo don't even go to the Drag races, they just hang around that side of the property all weekend.

I'm sure there are some there... and some that do so much drinking that they don't even realize there's a race going on.

But for some of us (like me) its the greatest 3 days you can have, after the last run of the day, it's not a long wait to get out of the facility.. its party time! They have a pretty kick ass fireworks display Sat night too! And a huge bonfire.. man I can't wait! Still two more weeks yet - ugh!

I'll be there Tuesday through Monday.

I was told that most people in the Zoo don't even go to the Drag races, they just hang around that side of the property all weekend.

It's possible some people don't watch the races....... but the ZOO is on BIR property and the only way to get into the ZOO is with a ticket.

They may not watch it, but they paid to see it.

Going up for a second time. First was 2006, took an old friend who lives in MSP and he is hooked! Anyone up for a Friday mater meeting? (gotta go back to work on Sunday)

i think there are more 'zoolanders' making their way to the track than rumor suggests..........there is an atv/golf cart/bir-mobile corral about mid-track behind the bleachers that must get 300+ full for each pro session (fri-sun).........multiple people per vehicle..........great people parade back to zooland after each session.

P8110090.jpg

I hope to see everybody there!

Ah ha ha!!!! I forgot about that one! when was that, '04, '05?

I'll be there Tuesday through Monday.

It's possible some people don't watch the races....... but the ZOO is on BIR property and the only way to get into the ZOO is with a ticket.

They may not watch it, but they paid to see it.

Did they pay to see it? remember the new oner axed the GA seats. I'd say seeing half of the goofy crap people do with their "spare time" is almost worth the price of admission it's self!

I'd say seeing half of the goofy crap people do with their "spare time" is almost worth the price of admission it's self!

I have a hilarious story from every year I've gone (as I'm sure everyone does) If I can hijack this thread a bit - Tell your favorite BIR zoo story

My fav was the time we saw a golf cart with two in the front, and two standing in the back - the guys on back decided to jump and pop the front end off the ground, unbeknownst to the passenger who was shirtless and barly coherent with a dixie cup of beer. The passenger falls out onto the gravel, rolls... then gets up with gravel embedded in his back and takes a sip of his beer... which he did not spill a single drop.. and gets back in like nothing happened - off they went!

Yes indeed a great time for all!

I have a hilarious story from every year I've gone (as I'm sure everyone does) If I can hijack this thread a bit - Tell your favorite BIR zoo story

My fav was the time we saw a golf cart with two in the front, and two standing in the back - the guys on back decided to jump and pop the front end off the ground, unbeknownst to the passenger who was shirtless and barly coherent with a dixie cup of beer. The passenger falls out onto the gravel, rolls... then gets up with gravel embedded in his back and takes a sip of his beer... which he did not spill a single drop.. and gets back in like nothing happened - off they went!

I've seen a few incidents simular to this, there are too many "what the he11 was that guy thinking" moments that are too hillarious. If everone else out there knew what they were missing... I was on suiside watch (not really, but really bummed) for 6 months after missing the majority of last year with a BIR injury.

Well, ok there is one story... I was 8 years old (1988?); I think it was saturday, my dad and I were walking up to the grandstand for what must have been the final session of qualifying and there was this dude completely passed out in his lawn chair, arm were going strait down, neck bent 90 degrees backwards with his head draped over the back of the chair; out COLD! My dad says as were walking by, well thhat guy will be awake in a hurry in about 15 mins. so, an hour, hour and a half later after the session, were walking back to the campsite and sure enough there is dude, hadn't move an inch, still out cold. Maybe someone should have checked for a pulse, Ha ha! For anyone whos been to BIR, this was in the old camp grounds next to the pits, pretty much where the snowmobiles pit now, about 300 yards from the track. Unreal!

This bites
I just turned down a Sunday Ticket... A newbie friend is going for the first time on Sunday, One of their group just backed out, so they have an extra ticket... but getting the 1500 miles from Norfolk Va to BIR...

I did tell Brady to Take a Deep Breath as the yellow cloud rolls to him. lmao

have fun all

d'kid

Did they pay to see it? remember the new oner axed the GA seats. I'd say seeing half of the goofy crap people do with their "spare time" is almost worth the price of admission it's self!

Your "race" ticket is different from your "reserved seat" ticket. As far as I know, the only way to get through the gates of BIR is with a race ticket and since the campground is on BIR property.........

Yeah, the new owner did axe the GA seating which sucks but that was just recently. I think Joe was referring to previous years.

See you next week, be sure to bring your spare liver! :D :D :D

Brian

This bites
I just turned down a Sunday Ticket... A newbie friend is going for the first time on Sunday, One of their group just backed out, so they have an extra ticket... but getting the 1500 miles from Norfolk Va to BIR...

I did tell Brady to Take a Deep Breath as the yellow cloud rolls to him. lmao

have fun all

d'kid

We almost had a d'kid sighting here in Minnesota! :eek:

That's OK Karl, when you're at the new Z-MAX Dragway this fall watching nitro cars you'll forget all about missing the Brainerd race!

........Tell your favorite BIR zoo story.........Yes indeed a great time for all.........
A good friend did the NHRA accident reports back during the 1980's events,
he said the insurance company wasn't ready for the number of
..."intoxicated person fell into campfire ".... reports. :eek: :D

I tell ya, I don't normally drink.. but with the addition of a brand new baby 2 months ago... I'm looking forward to this bigtime. Total beers outside BIR the entire year: 0 - Total Fri - Sat night = 24 - DO IT!

I tell ya, I don't normally drink.. but with the addition of a brand new baby 2 months ago... I'm looking forward to this bigtime. Total beers outside BIR the entire year: 0 - Total Fri - Sat night = 24 - DO IT!

Nick, this just lends credibility to the fact that BIR is pronounced "beer".

Everybody have fun!

But, Greg and Mark....be safe first, then have fun! I hear there's some cold water up there! ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back