Now Bandimere ? (1 Viewer)

Although it will never happen, I wish NHRA would do a night race in Vegas during the summer. It’s still real hot even at night but open the gates at 8pm, first round at midnight. Finish eliminations at 5am. Air the entire race live on Fox. The racers would hate it and maybe the fans wouldn’t go, but I sure would!
I ran the old track in the late 1960’s and there was only 1 qualifier and by the second round it was still 118* (1:45 AM). All 5 of the lizards that did not pay to be there didn’t seem to care about the races. You d**m near passed out in your fire suit even if you didn’t get in the car until you were next. It would be a disaster financially. Unless they could air condition the stands and ARA could figure out how to put AC on the cars you probably won’t get a full field.

why doesn't sonoma host a LODRS event? or maybe they will pickup the races previously held in chandler?
also noticed, like spence said, no LODRS race at charlotte, or for that matter bristol either, but vegas has them. go figure.
it's not the first time a nat. event track has said no to a divisional race, whether regional or not.

When Georgia Siepel and later Kyle were running things at Sonoma they had a busy drag racing schedule. Unfortunately, once Kyle left (RIP) the track switched gears and tossed drag racing including the divisionals.

Every time I read this post I keep thinking of this Steve Miller song.
Go on, take the money and run (yeah, yeah)
Go on, take the money and run

Every time I read this post I keep thinking of this Steve Miller song.
Nice! How about this one:

Money, get away
Get a good job with more pay and you're okay
Money, it's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four-star daydream
Think I'll buy me a football team

Money, get back
I'm alright, Jack, keep your hands off of my stack
Money, it's a hit
Don't give me that do-goody-good bull***t
I'm in the high-fidelity first class traveling set
And I think I need a Lear jet

Money, it's a crime
Share it fairly, but don't take a slice of my pie <------------------my favorite line! LOL
Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil today
But if you ask for a rise it's no surprise
That they're giving none away

Last edited by a moderator:
why doesn't Sonoma host a LODRS event? or maybe they will pickup the races previously held in chandler?
also noticed, like spence said, no LODRS race at charlotte, or for that matter bristol either, but vegas has them. go figure.
it's not the first time a nat. event track has said no to a divisional race, whether regional or not.
Just the National Event. No LODRS races this year, We have several two race weekends at three tracks to make up for all of the lost tracks in Div.7!

Sad!

Just the National Event. No LODRS races this year, We have several two race weekends at three tracks to make up for all of the lost tracks in Div.7!

Sad!

Didn't Division 6 just announce no TAD TA/FC at the Pacific Raceways/Seattle race this year?

We are loosing tracks, but I see the future of drag racing being fast door cars on 1/8 mile. That seems to be where all the newbies are at. As for NHRA big show, as soon as the Chinese decided to no longer sell us nitro, that will be pretty much gone.
The up sided is, That the door car thing is not as loud and doesn't require as much real estate.

If nitro racing goes away, that might be the death knell for professional drag racing.
But, as long as there are at least two people with cars, there will always be some form of drag racing. It just won’t attract the crowds we’re used to seeing at National events.

If anyone is interested, John "Sporty" Bandimere was on the Kings of the Sport podcast last night and gave a bit more context to the history, deceision process and future plans for the track. Quite an interesting gentleman.

If anyone is interested, John "Sporty" Bandimere was on the Kings of the Sport podcast last night and gave a bit more context to the history, deceision process and future plans for the track. Quite an interesting gentleman.

I’ll have to check it out. Sporty Bandimere was on the Bandimere Speedway Burnin Rubber podcast last week. The vibe I get from him and the podcast is that Bandimere will be back in a new location in the future.

Once in the 70's, the funny cars went on strike in SoCal. All that was left was T/F. For a long time after that, I hated the flops. All y'all can take a long walk off a short pier. heh The dragster guys loved it, go to be on top again.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back