Norwalk Track (1 Viewer)

Suzie Q

Nitro Member
Be sure and check out the Team Kalitta Blog on NHRA.com The Bader's have really gone to town on this project. I talked to Jim the other night and they had just gotten back from their visit and he said it was pretty impressive!

I nominate the Bader's as the best track owners in the country!!!:D

Blogs.NHRA.com - NHRA Driver Blogs

THIS THREAD IS THE FIRST I'VE READ THAT HAS LEFT ME WITH A GOOD FEELING ABOUT DRAG RACING IN QUITE AWHILE. NHRA SHOULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THE BADAR FAMILY, THEY OBVIOUSLY KNOW WHERE THE FOUNDATION OF THIS SPORT STARTS.:cool: THANK YOU SUZIE FOR YOU POST, IT MADE MY DAY.:)

Caught it last night Susie Q, great read and GREAT photos of the construction. Who else but the Bader's would dig down over 4 feet to find solid footing.
Great follow up to the meeting blog about a month ago by your brother.

d'kid

The Bader's know how to run a track and a race. Some of the best racing I've ever seen was the old IHRA Summer Nationals at Cordova, IL.

Baders are awesome. The put on great shows, have nice facilities and they actually care that you are there.

It's good to see they care. No reason why that track won't become one of the "biggies" on the tour. And I don't mean in terms of size or how nice the tower is or how great the view is. I mean the kind of track that crew chiefs dream about, and the ones that re-write the records in National Dragster...and how the professional teams who come in there are treated, and what kind of surface they're given to work with.

Hats off to the Baders. It never ceases to amaze me how much effort they put into making your visit enjoyable.

I think NHRA should make Bill Bader the Facilities coordinator for all of NHRA Natl. races! Maybe some of these sh#t boxes might get fixed up.

Like I said after the debacle at Phoenix, no Las Vegas, er Houstan, lets get the Baders to run and prepare the track. They may not know or have knowledge what to do but will go to all costs to rectify the problem. Hat's off!

Short story. I first met Bill Bader Sr. way back in the 70's soon after he bought the track. After growing up at Thompson and D42 They were the "enemy". went to a few race's and was quite amused by their antics with local school bands, tuxedos on the employees and other such nonsence. But it paid off. They got the community involved, have sponsors out the wazoo and put on a great show whatever they do. After being in business for over 25 years or so they have come to be one of the premier track operators in the sport if not in all of motorsports Again Hat's off to the Baders

Like I said after the debacle at Phoenix . . .
Reaching a bit too far. Phoenix couldn't be saved with two Bader families working in conjunction with Bruton Smith on Bill Gates' budget. It would take a hundred times that and both the Indians and Cheap Charlie would need to be removed from the picture.

Great story. I'd love to visit that track someday.
G-Thumbsup2b.gif

Reaching a bit too far. Phoenix couldn't be saved with two Bader families working in conjunction with Bruton Smith on Bill Gates' budget. It would take a hundred times that and both the Indians and Cheap Charlie would need to be removed from the picture.

Phoenix could be the one of the best racing parks in the land. With the Drag strip, The Lake for Boat Drags, Circle, Road Race track, and now a MX track for dirtbikes. If you could not find anything to your liking in that combination your NOT a motor head.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back