Norwalk TF final. (1 Viewer)

Who says the reduced track prep doesn’t make for exciting racing?
Didn’t Rieff say it was only the second time in history the #12 and #15 qualifiers met in a TF final round?
Alexander was pretty stoic all day but that first win brought out the emotions and that was neat to see.

Who says the reduced track prep doesn’t make for exciting racing?
Didn’t Rieff say it was only the second time in history the #12 and #15 qualifiers met in a TF final round?
Alexander was pretty stoic all day but that first win brought out the emotions and that was neat to see.

Yes he did, the first time was Denver 1986 when #12 Larry Minor beat #15 Eddie Hill. The last time #12 won, was in Reading 3 years ago when it rained, we set the field from 1 qualifier and Antron was 12th.

Alan

I was pumped for the kid, really great to see. And for the naysayers who dislike the whole "buying a ride" dynamic, I have no problem with it. It's been going on forever, and the positive is you have young people like Blake learning the marketing side and doing what it takes to bring partners into the sport. Because of that, you have new blood, a first time winner, and a car that may otherwise be parked. I thought overall, despite the weather, the race turned out great, and had great car counts in most all categories.

I think the new track prep is great, anyone can win on a given day. The NHRA finally did something right!

Doesn't Bob Vandergrif show up every so often and win (or do really well in) a race?
Does he keep upgrading his equipment or is his stuff better suited to the new track prep?

Doesn't Bob Vandergrif show up every so often and win (or do really well in) a race?
Does he keep upgrading his equipment or is his stuff better suited to the new track prep?

That car has everything anyone else has.

I remember when Blake showed up to race Comp-he was driven to do well and always showed respect for his fellow racers-it was great to see him won yesterday

He is one of a few drivers to run both F/C and T/F. Say what ya want about the lack of glue, it seems to have leveled the field some. Blake & Terry in the final! Yea!

I think Zizzo and Blake have shown part timers can be competitive if they have the right equipment and crew. Unfortunately a lot of the part timers don't have the funds to have the best stuff.

I think Zizzo and Blake have shown part timers can be competitive if they have the right equipment and crew. Unfortunately a lot of the part timers don't have the funds to have the best stuff.
That may be true to a point, but I think it's more about depth of parts inventory and the budget to make laps and attend events. Most of the part timers, like Dakin, Zizzo, and BVR have all the right stuff when they come to the line.

That may be true to a point, but I think it's more about depth of parts inventory and the budget to make laps and attend events. Most of the part timers, like Dakin, Zizzo, and BVR have all the right stuff when they come to the line.
It's great to have the right parts and inventory, but those parts can be tossed in the garbage can in a hurry if the human element can't maintain those parts. It's A LOT harder than it looks.

It's great to have the right parts and inventory, but those parts can be tossed in the garbage can in a hurry if the human element can't maintain those parts. It's A LOT harder than it looks.

Nah. All you do is just read it out of the log book. I've seen it on the internet.

Oh I don’t doubt that Tony! Any shot you guys will do Indy?

Oh I don’t doubt that Tony! Any shot you guys will do Indy?
I think Scott Palmer said it best to me at RT66 this year....It makes a huge difference to have people working on your race car who care about what they are doing. There have been many times where it's late at the raceshop, I'm tired, by myself and I shim a lock up button +/-.001...does it really make a difference?? Maybe, maybe not, but why do I do it? Because I care and so do the rest of our guys. I think it shows when we do get to go race.

T.J. is currently working on funding for Indy, looks promising so far.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back