Norwalk - Did Jimmy Prock actually say F*** HIM (1 Viewer)

What seemed odd to me was that when John turned green his two amber lights went off but Robert's two lights were still on. From the TV angle it looked to me that Robert never got a green which may have been what Prock referred to as "not getting a tree."

Let's see here, two timing system malfunctions recently E-Town they forgot to change circuits for the switch back too 1000 foot (would you want the A-team to stay for the rain out and re-book with the airlines like the racers do to ensure a smooth race ending), and at Norwalk where apparently a photo cell issue started the fiasco, so throw in the mix the highly touted "random start" feature that Buster would not have stood still for. Now remembering they adding a delay circuit to prevent red lights after switching to LED bulbs to save money. Disregarding that it ruined a few racers days including Force and a bunch of bike guys, what the h--- are they doing at NHRA, hopefully they have/are not adopting Windows based software to run the whole timing and data system remotely from Glendale to save on travel expenses. Sure hope it works better than the audio-cast, but with that crew there is not much hope considering the results of the stuff they have "fixed" so far....

I'm pretty sure if you watch stick and ball sports, involving emotional and volatile coaches on the sidelines, that you will see someone mouth F bombs and other things, either to themselves or to someone else. Big difference in doing that vs. swearing with a camera in your face during an interview. To exaggerate the point, if you pan the camera by the fans at any sporting event, do you think you could "see" anyone using profanities? :D

I remember years ago, back when I actually still watched baseball, a network was touting it's first ever live "in dugout" cameras during a playoff game when a disputed call made the manager come unglued...heaving a water jug and kicking out three quick f words before they could get the shot changed. Ya know what....if you're going to put a camera in there, you have to know there's a possibility of just such an occurence. Dispute about the tree....you stick a camera in someone's face that feels he may have gotten the shaft and what would you expect him to say...thanks, we didn't need that round anyway.

Let's see here, two timing system malfunctions recently E-Town they forgot to change circuits for the switch back too 1000 foot

What happened at Englishtown were not timing system malfunctions, nor did it involve anyone forgetting to "change circuits." The reflector blocks were in the wrong positions for the two problem runs.

Jim

I remember years ago, back when I actually still watched baseball, a network was touting it's first ever live "in dugout" cameras during a playoff game when a disputed call made the manager come unglued...heaving a water jug and kicking out three quick f words before they could get the shot changed. Ya know what....if you're going to put a camera in there, you have to know there's a possibility of just such an occurrence. Dispute about the tree....you stick a camera in someone's face that feels he may have gotten the shaft and what would you expect him to say...thanks, we didn't need that round anyway.
I remember a network covering Talladega a few years back. They spouted off as having Todd Parrot (D.J.s crewchief) wired for sound. Well after the race started ole D.J. was not doing well in the race. First pit stop coming up Parrot forgets about being live. "Get me a GD set of 40 bleed shocks for this mother****er NOW!"
TV gold!

You're much more confident than I am. Having footage that could support JP's rant edited out of the show is far from incomprehensible as far as I'm concerned. With all of the controversy surrounding that deal, I gotta' believe if the footage was there to prove it wasn't an electronic malfunction, NHRA would've made sure it was shown.

Sean D

All I said was there may not be any footage from behind the tree. They have three cameras on that end of the track. One is on the jib, and is pretty much out of play by the cars are ready to go (Can't have a camera or the boom above a car when they hit the throttle) and when it's on the rest it's about even with the tree so it would not have the view. The other two cameras are hand held's on each side. Usually during the finals they are focused on the crew or family reactions. Throw team Force in to the picture and now they have to cover Laurie, Ashley, Courtney, Brittany, Neff, Prock, two cats, a scooter and a partridge in a pear tree.

Therefore there is a very good chance that ESPN does not have footage of the tree from the backside.

Remember: It's NEVER the CAR, NEVER the DRIVER. It's always the track.

So- how much flickering was the Stage bulb doing before the 'tree fired?

"where was I looking again?".... ;)

I remember a network covering Talladega a few years back. They spouted off as having Todd Parrot (D.J.s crewchief) wired for sound. Well after the race started ole D.J. was not doing well in the race. First pit stop coming up Parrot forgets about being live. "Get me a GD set of 40 bleed shocks for this mother****er NOW!"
TV gold!

your avatar is a perfect example of what I dislike about Stewart.....watching him give hand signals is like watching someone having a siezure

heh heh heh,,,, The best part of all this ranting about Robert making a little mistake is.....We got in the final round and won the race.... Ya know, I didn't notice any flickering... Oh wait, there was a flicker... THE WIN LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!;););)

What happened at Englishtown were not timing system malfunctions, nor did it involve anyone forgetting to "change circuits." The reflector blocks were in the wrong positions for the two problem runs.

Jim

My Bad, might be a bad source but not likely, either the changing connector position or changing reflectors position was not performed, the point is the job was not done correctly. Result: a timing system malfunction caused by human error.

Jim

So your trying to say that the 1000' timing block was in the wrong location? Somehow I don't believe that... Those blocks are never moved unless they are hit by a vehicle... 1000' in a quarter mile is still 1000' in 1000'...

So your trying to say that the 1000' timing block was in the wrong location? Somehow I don't believe that... Those blocks are never moved unless they are hit by a vehicle... 1000' in a quarter mile is still 1000' in 1000'...

On the Pro Stock run, the 1320 block was not put back in place. It was removed for the 1,000 foot runs. When it was not put back in, there was a single beam running across the finish line, instead of two beams, each covering a lane.

So when Anderson went through the 1320 beam, he tripped the beam for both himself and Morgan because there was only one beam going across both lanes.

Jim

I guess you have to watch what you say at all times, but it's hard sometimes when you get caught up in the emotions of the moment.

I had some fans come up to me after our third qualifying run at Joliet. They where laughing because they heard me drop an F-Bomb over our radios when our car went into instant tire smoke. I always wondered if NHRA fans listen to the teams radio chatter. I bet that's some interesting stuff to hear at times.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back