Norwalk - Did Jimmy Prock actually say F*** HIM (2 Viewers)

Hutch

Nitro Member
When Robert Hight raced John Force, Robert didn't leave the starting line as he said his stage lights were flickering. When Robert complained to Rick Stewart, Rick told Robert to see Carl Olson.

Robert walked off with his back to the camera, and l'm sure he said F*** HIM.:eek::eek:

Did anyone else hear him say this?

Dont know for sure. All Stewart is good for is passing the buck,when is he going to retire anyway?

I read the lips, more than heard it.
After several replay of the 'start line', I didn't get it though. I thought the tree came down, all the lights, and didn't understand the argument.
Honestly have been waiting for a thread here that it was a dive.
Have no idea either way, except I thought the tree came down as it is supposed to.
anyone else have an idea why Jimmy was so upset? Other than a very embarasssing rt for his driver?

I was hoping that they would have shown a camera view from behind to see what Robert saw(or didn't see).

The crew chief said they didn't get a tree, the driver said the tree came down.
In this case, I highly doubt it was anything more than just "one of those things", even with their history of diving. No big deal, we all make mistakes. I'm sure the guy is beating himself up over it w/o anyone needing to add to it.

As far as the remark, if it were any other team, a costly fine would have been handed out.

I was hoping that they would have shown a camera view from behind to see what Robert saw(or didn't see).

You're right on PJ; all we ever saw was from down track looking back towards the tree. Who knows what Robert, Jimmy, and everyone else behind the starting line saw/or didn't see!!!

My guess is Stewart didn't hear him & the powers that be didn't catch it either.
:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
I read the lips, more than heard it.
After several replay of the 'start line', I didn't get it though. I thought the tree came down, all the lights, and didn't understand the argument.
Honestly have been waiting for a thread here that it was a dive.
Have no idea either way, except I thought the tree came down as it is supposed to.
anyone else have an idea why Jimmy was so upset? Other than a very embarasssing rt for his driver?

Quite honestly I was thinking this too, "Great now everybody is going to think Robert dove." :rolleyes:

It was a brain fart - Robert was caught off-guard by the new random timing of the tree. I bet that will never happen again.

And please don't bash Rick Stewart - besides being a former racer he has the guts to stand between two nitro bombs for a living!

And please don't bash Rick Stewart - besides being a former racer he has the guts to stand between two nitro bombs for a living!

I'm sorry, but there are hundreds of people who've been racers and who'd gladly give up their day jobs to do that for a living. IMHO, Rick is no where near as hard-core as he needs to be, the starting line is no place for a nice guy. Think of the many times in recent years where things have not gone well. Him telling Tony to shut off and Tony ignoring him is the worst that comes to my mind.

If they did there wouldn't be any drama... You can't tell me that there weren't at least 5 cameras pointing at the back of the cars that would have seen it...

The stage light flickered early, but was on solid when it counted. He'd been red if not.

The ambers flashed from the downtrack angle, so the only thing that matters in this argument is whether or not they flashed on Robert's side. Like someone mentioned earlier, there are several cameras that would've been in position to replay that, so something tells me there's a reason those particular angles weren't shown. I just have a hard time believing that the ambers flashed on Robert's side and he didn't see them altogether. Distracted and subsequently late, maybe. But he didn't move.

Dive? Hardly. And anyone that actually believes that needs more help than anyone associated with this board is qualified to administer.

Sean D

If anybody has it on DVR still, right after they show Jimmys interview, and they show Rick Stewert talking to one of Allen Johnsons crew guys,
there is a last replay. Watch 2 things right away. It caught the tail end of Roberts bottom stage light flickering on and off before he is even rolled in to pre-stage. I think the replay shows it come on 2 times. At that same time, Rick Stewert saw what was going on, and runs up toward the tree to check it out, but as he does Robert pre-stages and the stage light no longer comes on and off, so Rick went back to his usual spot.

I think that is what let Rick believe the body was too low, when in fact the body was OK. For some reason the stage light did come on a couple times before it was supposed to.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back