No Thank you's to the series Title Sponsor?? (1 Viewer)

mike mosby

Nitro Member
I Don't know if anyone else noticed it or not, But not one Pro Champion bothered to Thank Coca-Cola or Mello Yellow as they where presented there Championship Jacket and Championship Trophy on the stage they had set up at the end of the track. They need to take a page out of Nascar 101 and thank all of the Sponsors.

Yes to Monster, Peak, AAA, Advanced auto parts but Not Mello Yello or Coke. Besides, Aren't they the people handing out the jacket?

Let's be honest without the sponsors there would be no drag racing or racing of any kind.
Not many guys want to go check book racing!!! Everyone wants to use someone else s money.

I know there are a few guys around with deep pockets but for the most part everyone is looking for financial help.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

what does coca cola/mello yello spend with nhra every year?.....is it 10 million? 20? more? i honestly don't have a clue.
i don't get the 'champion's jacket'.....it's 2017. they look like the old high school letterman jackets we wore 40 years ago.
not to mention brit's didn't fit too well.......yes. kind of odd the racers don't acknowledge mello yello during their short tv
interview.

isn't Monster owned by Coca Cola?

Monster Beverage owned Hansen’s juice products and sodas, Hubert’s Lemonade, Blue Sky sodas, Peace Tea and other non-energy drink brands, which Coca-Cola took ownership of in 2015. I believe the deal translates into Coca-Cola owning 16.7% of Monster Beverage.

I would guess that the jacket our jackets given out were going to be replaced with custom fitted jackets to fit each champion, Allen a little help here with the facts

I believe it's a one fits all jacket until they have the correct size for each driver. It was funny seeing Brittney wearing that jacket like a sleeping bag. What size is that? triple xl?

If you read the title of this thread it has nothing to do with a RACERS SPONSER. What I noticed was that not one professional driver bothered to thank Coca-Cola or Mello Yellow Which are the Title Sponsor of the 24 Race NHRA series, and Oh and by the way they pay out the top 10 prize fund for each Professional Category at the end of the year. I'm just saying If I was going to be receiving a $500.000.00 check the next day for winning the Top Fuel or Funny Car Championship, They might ought to at least say Thank You to Coca Cola and Mellow Yellow as they where getting there Championship jacket and trophy on that temporary stage in front of a national T.V. audience for being the Title Sponsor of the series. Corporate Dollars are getting harder and harder to get in todays world its amazing what a simple Thank You at the right time can do!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back