Nitro Time Machine The Greek (1 Viewer)

saw that beautiful red dragster @ '89 nationals......if i recall correctly, the greek mite have been relaxing in his pit after a day of racing, sipping on a beverage :cool:.
was a young 23 then, and remember walking up to him to compliment his career and car. truly admire the man; started watching him in 70's, still enjoy seeing him every year @ BIR.
he'll probably still be out there @ 100, but no one will ever prove it ;) thank you nhra.com for this great story/video and thanks shannon for posting.

This may seem like a weird question, but you can see in 1990 he was running 5.11 went the record was what? mid 4.90's? If Greek ran that close to the current low et, why today can he barely run a 3.99 anymore? I guess it's all in the money.

One of my trasures is the Greek's autograph. Got at Seattle around 1990, the year he was R/U to gary Ormsby. funny story, at that race he beat Frank Hawley on a hole shot, & Hawley said Greek should be retired. HA (He was joking)

This may seem like a weird question, but you can see in 1990 he was running 5.11 went the record was what? mid 4.90's? If Greek ran that close to the current low et, why today can he barely run a 3.99 anymore? I guess it's all in the money.

I was in Seattle when he was runner up. He was strong that year and was "going for it". He had good backing from Strange and I believe he had Dave Settles as his crew chief

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back