Nitro testing next month in Florida (1 Viewer)

Seems like Snake Racing was considering it at one time......don't know what was decided though :)

Tell me why it does not make sense if Hights and Neffs cars are based out of Indy now???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
My bad, forgot about that shop there. I guess we'll have to wait and see what they decide makes the most sense where all 4 of the cars plus spares, rigs and employees will be testing that weekend.

Paul, is that you with the RC cars collection?

Last edited:
Tell me why it does not make sense if Hights and Neffs cars are based out of Indy now???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Isn't Houston closer than WPB? Besides, why waste money to gather data on a surface that won't even have a National Event contested on it? Lets not forget that the weather in WPB could be rainy and high 80's even in Jan... Hardly conditions to blow money testing in... Not trying to ruffle any feathers but I don't see the logic in any nitro team going there to test considering most teams are having to watch their checkbooks.

Perhaps Pro Stock is another story; but only because Wilson Manifolds is local (kinda)...

Besides, why waste money to gather data on a surface that won't even have a National Event contested on it?

One, becasue I was told that it was a good chance it might happen way back in October, one team even wanted to go down there sooner then that.

Two, It's not always about that, a good surface is a good surface if you want to try and learn something. Plus, If you went to Vegas tomorrow, then went to Vegas for the national event, the track would be different anyway. Maybe even worse. :rolleyes: That happened 2 years ago before fall Vegas event.

Paul, is that you with the RC cars collection?

Yup, I have several cars and co-own the track here.

P5270488.jpg

P9280684.jpg

PaulH.jpg

Isn't Houston closer than WPB? Besides, why waste money to gather data on a surface that won't even have a National Event contested on it? Lets not forget that the weather in WPB could be rainy and high 80's even in Jan... Hardly conditions to blow money testing in... Not trying to ruffle any feathers but I don't see the logic in any nitro team going there to test considering most teams are having to watch their checkbooks.

Perhaps Pro Stock is another story; but only because Wilson Manifolds is local (kinda)...

It might make sense if you need to get extra laps in before the season starts for a new driver(Spencer Massey)............

OK, I have just emailed them a little bit ago if the test session was open to the public and this is what they said:

"No, sorry. This will be a private testing session for the teams. So far the teams that have come down have really liked the track so I am confident that we will get them all back next year as well."

Palm Beach didn't redo this track just for local racing, they're looking for a big race who better to test track than the big boys, their words are worth a million.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back