Nitro Revival Postpones Again! (1 Viewer)

Notch1320

BerserkoBob
Nitro Member
Steve Gibbs' Nitro Revival at Irwindale has been postponed again until Nov. 6-7, 2021. Raises the question will any races happen in the state of California at all this year?

Steve Gibbs' Nitro Revival at Irwindale has been postponed again until Nov. 6-7, 2021. Raises the question will any races happen in the state of California at all this year?
Probably a safe bet to take is the Winternationals won't happen, with the vaccine roll out to be well on its way by summer Sonoma has a chance and I would say the finals will likely happen as long as most people get vaccinated.

Why bring politics into this? We're in the middle of a pandemic that's hurting the whole country
Because the pandemic has been highly politicized, and also what happens politically in our country can have major consequences in our daily lives. With those in charge in WA DC now appearing to be all from one party, the Green New Deal is just around the corner. The GND will have no tolerance for auto racing. Prepare for all auto racing to be banned. Except by electric cars, or course. But who in their right mind wants to watch silent race cars?

Why bring politics into this? We're in the middle of a pandemic that's hurting the whole country. :(

Mark, I agree with Jon. It's my thought that drag racing & all other forms of motor sports are in trouble and that's why I wrote my post. Not trying to be political, but the Dems thoughts on all this are not favorable to gasoline powered cars, much less auto racing. That's all I meant.

Mark, I agree with Jon. It's my thought that drag racing & all other forms of motor sports are in trouble and that's why I wrote my post. Not trying to be political, but the Dems thoughts on all this are not favorable to gasoline powered cars, much less auto racing. That's all I meant.
I don't see this happening and politics should stay off this forum. :(

Yeah, lets not bring politics into this. Oil companies are behind getting to net zero carbon emissions by 2050, the entire world is in a shift, that's the reality of the world. Racing will adapt.

Its just the new date for 2021. There hasnt been a new date set since last Novembers cancellation

another track/state should offer to hold the event.......politics aside. florida is open. kids are in school......if it was a catastrophe rite now in FL, it would be front page news, but it's not.
that rite there illuminates the ridiculous differences in individual state laws during this odd time we are hopefully coming out of......if you want to lock down, then be prepared to lose
events and business. there ARE choices rite now, and drag racing event locations is one of them........politics definitely plays into the discussion of this topic. the winternationals will NOT be the
first race of the 2021 season in pomona, ca., and the gatornationals in gainesville, fl will be. that's kind of a big deal, historically speaking.

Because the pandemic has been highly politicized, and also what happens politically in our country can have major consequences in our daily lives. With those in charge in WA DC now appearing to be all from one party, the Green New Deal is just around the corner. The GND will have no tolerance for auto racing. Prepare for all auto racing to be banned. Except by electric cars, or course. But who in their right mind wants to watch silent race cars?

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read. It’s times like these the Vegas comes out in me. I will take all bets based on the above post and I will even give you 5 to 1 odds on your money, ah hell, make it 10 to 1. Racing will be here when we are all worm food, it certainly isn’t going anywhere in the next 4/8 years. So get out your money, place your bets!!!!

Bob, the May date was never set just kinda planned but I think the November date is more of a possibility. The March Meet has been moved to May and fingers are crossed

Racing is going on strong here in Arizona for right now. I have been in Yuma for the past three days shooting at the IMCA Winternationals and I think last night I saw 161 cars entered across four classes with a TON of guys from the midwest and north, of course the fact that as I'm typing this its 70 degrees with a nice breeze helps a lot. I know in Phoenix right now there is a big late model race going on this weekend and next weekend with a lot of heavy hitters here. Sprint cars also have a race the last weekend of the month and Tony Stewart is suppose to show up. So maybe there is some hope after all.

Drag racing in Desert Center today. Look for Banning Airport to hold more events in 2021 too.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back