Nitro Newbies! Got any new (old) stories? (1 Viewer)

I got a double!!

Jimmy Good and Wayno at Pomona this year, joining the 1000ft Club (I couldn't tear them out of the seats after they had to duck T-Ped parts!! :D)

Pomona08895-1.jpg

On top of a great day of racing, the luxury of having our tour bus parked in the pits (thanks AR), and a snoot full of nitro, they also had the pleasure of experiencing the Rockstar hotties (thanks Diehl) AND the B.B.P. (thank you TOO MUCH Ms. K :D)

The faces of these guys when the first pair came flying by is reason enough to take a newb to the races... Everyone should do it at least once!

heres a new story - a true story...

...not a nitro story, but a story about sportsman racing at a nhra sportsman track. the track is AUTOCLUB DRAGWAY at FAMOSO bakersfield cal. i went up there last weekend for a NHRA summit series race. first round is random pairing and they draw numbers out of a hat to make the ladder. i drew #11 out of 12 and was paired up with #5 (sportsman ladder). #5 was a racer named CHRIS MACON, a local favorite there. my crew had a hard time starting the pit bike to push me up but they were still running pro cars when he got the pit bike fired and started pushing me. we were pitted not far from the staging lane entrance, i pulled up at the back of the line and looked around for my competition. didnt see him? someone said, "you better get out there". i got pushed out to the burnout box and well, heres the video of what CHRIS MACON and the folks at FAMOSO dragway pulled:

MySpaceTV Videos: First round of elims 05-10-08 by Dragbikedemon

don tanklage, huntington beach, calif

Hey everyone! You all got my thread rockin! We even gots a vid to watch! That's a honkin bike! And thanks to Bruce for coming back with the Boy Scout stories! Anyone else got any newbie stories? Post em up!

actually, the 'honkin' bike was in the other lane...

my bike

my crew had a hard time firing the pit bike so chris macon looked around, saw i was just entering the staging lanes, pushed around everyone so he could go first, and didnt wait a lick

not very sportsman like to say the least...

he is a local at famoso so the track was behind him 100%

was trying to get nhra's eye so i posted it on this site

guess they dont care

actually, the 'honkin' bike was in the other lane...

my bike

my crew had a hard time firing the pit bike so chris macon looked around, saw i was just entering the staging lanes, pushed around everyone so he could go first, and didnt wait a lick

not very sportsman like to say the least...

he is a local at famoso so the track was behind him 100%

was trying to get nhra's eye so i posted it on this site

guess they dont care

I get it now Don. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I've only been to Famoso once, in 06 for the CHRR. I felt like I belonged there that day. Here's a link to my photo album at Bakersfield.

I'd tell ya'll about my first time taking a 'newbie' to the track, but, somethings are best unsaid... I will say it was The County, it was '71, does anyone remember the gravel lot behind the top end bleacher by the Hot Car Pits?

She did enjoy herself, and we did go to every fuel show at The County in 71 and 72... I will say she didn't even flinch the first time she was standing next to a flopper when it lit off.... back in the day of straight pop and no ropes...

d'kid
oh, to be 17 again... always was a reason I liked the song 'TAXI'

I'd tell ya'll about my first time taking a 'newbie' to the track, but, somethings are best unsaid... I will say it was The County, it was '71, does anyone remember the gravel lot behind the top end bleacher by the Hot Car Pits?

She did enjoy herself, and we did go to every fuel show at The County in 71 and 72... I will say she didn't even flinch the first time she was standing next to a flopper when it lit off.... back in the day of straight pop and no ropes...

d'kid
oh, to be 17 again... always was a reason I liked the song 'TAXI'

Now you've done it! All the minds of the Mater are running wild! Imagination is a wonderful thing. I'll bet your story gets better every time you recall it!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back