Nitro Madness Increases the % of Nitro!!! (1 Viewer)

RAPID

Nitro Member
NITRO WARM-UPS AT ARNOLD'S DISPLAY IN ADEL,IOWA

We did a display for Arnold Motor Supply on Monday July 31st. We decided to up the Nitro amount to 50% since we would only be cackling it a few times. We ended up starting the car 3-times with this load of Nitro in it. All I can say is WOW!! It was a ton of fun, and the car sounded GREAT!! I let it warm up, then held the brake and whacked the throttle. It blew the 10 X 20 foot awning over the car almost 2-feet in the air. I saw a number of spectators jump as well. It was pretty funny seeing them react that way.

I had one guy come over and say his friend pissed his pants when I hit it,,,I didn't look to see if he was telling the truth! :eek:

Frank Oglesby told me not to do it, I would be a goner for more Nitro % all the time. HE WAS RIGHT!! :D

Rapid

Last edited:
Once you hit about 60% Nitro you are starting to get the effects of that Magic stuff. Oh, you were told exactly right. Once you open the Genie bootle and let the Nitro out it never ever goes back.

When you are ready to really step up go to 90%, it is fairly stable to use but a word of warning, when you get above 90% things change more often. Sometimes it is good and sometimes..............

Watch your temps as the higher the percentage the more fuel you will use.

Congrats on taking that first big step. Scary as hell but oh so rewarding.

I love the smell of nitro in the morning, it smells like victory!!!!!!

jim

It sure was a ton of fun! We will be in our normal 25-30% that we have started running in the car this year. A couple of weeks ago in the heat, like 98degrees, we ran a career best of 4.13 in the 1/8th. Right now it is apart we are checking things over for the World Fuel Altered Nationals the 18th and the 19th of Aug.

Rapid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back